+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,846

    O/T - general election 2019

    Well another election and another wave of BS from politians. Not sure what the point in going out to vote labours held the area Iím in for over 100 years. Wtf is the point

    Are you going to bother?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,205
    Going to be a weird one this. You’re going to get life long Labour brexiteers who will vote Tory to get Brexit done and vice versa life long Tory remainers will vote Labour to try and stop Brexit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Going to be a weird one this. You’re going to get life long Labour brexiteers who will vote Tory to get Brexit done and vice versa life long Tory remainers will vote Labour to try and stop Brexit.
    Honestly I think labour will still get in my area the mp could be a pig with a criminal record of raping piglets so long as heís under Labour it will still win, labour has held Wath seat for over 100 years. I get the whole Maggie thatcher argument but our mp was labour then too and as far as I can see labour Toryís Lib dumbs are all self serving ass wipes.

    I just find It sad that people donít vote for a change And itís same in hard core Tory areas I know. Itís still depressing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,137
    I'll be amazed if the Tories can't win by a healthy majority against the communist Corbynistas whose proposed policies are truly frightening. Many Labour voters are fearful of Venezuela Mark 2 and will probably abstain rather than vote Tory. It will be interesting how Nigel Farage tackles this but i expect a low turnout.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,800
    If this is all about "getting brexit done", I can't really get my head around the fact that Johnson got approval for his deal and although it might have gone a couple of weeks past his precious 31st, why didn't he just allow scrutiny and then a vote to get that deal approved?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,315
    And if someone wins by the minimum majority.
    Will the rest get up in alms and say.
    We need another vote. People didn't know what they were voting for.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    If this is all about "getting brexit done", I can't really get my head around the fact that Johnson got approval for his deal and although it might have gone a couple of weeks past his precious 31st, why didn't he just allow scrutiny and then a vote to get that deal approved?
    Letís face it corbyn said heís going to vote against it before he even saw it and Johnson saw he would never get it passed the remoaners so he held onto it. As much as Iím puking up defending a Tory I had to say it sorry pup.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Letís face it corbyn said heís going to vote against it before he even saw it and Johnson saw he would never get it passed the remoaners so he held onto it. As much as Iím puking up defending a Tory I had to say it sorry pup.
    That may be so but the bill passed to 2nd reading despite the Labour stance. It won a majority so as Ken Clark asked today, why did the pm not allow time for scrutiny and work all hours to push this through as for the first time parliament had a majority for a deal. Why isn't this being passed now, as we speak Silly to "get brexit done" instead of further delay?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,398
    Be a laugh if Boris, standing in what is supposed to be a pro-Remain constituency , gets booted out
    He's a stinking rich old-Etonian though so it probably wouldn't trouble him much, especially with his connections to another career in journalism, etc. That's the way the media works. It's a pity that Brian Rix is not still alive to see this classic Whitehall farce
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    I'll be amazed if the Tories can't win by a healthy majority against the communist Corbynistas whose proposed policies are truly frightening. Many Labour voters are fearful of Venezuela Mark 2 and will probably abstain rather than vote Tory.
    That's a strange political analysis... Would I be right in thinking that the codename "Timbertop" means that you are a copper/ex-copper?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-10-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •