+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 107 of 162 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    If you think that this election should be all about Brexit you are very naive Flour.
    w?
    Unfortunately whether we like it or not It will be the key issue though Roly.
    The reason for this is because the country made a decision over three years ago and the likes of your beloved Labour Party have frustrated the process for their own gain. Your leader wants to leave but he wants to be PM and the person to make the exit from Europe rather than someone else.
    So it,s purely selfish reasons and for self gain that he,s done this.

So who,s been conned here?

So you are not interested in any other issues then? So I take it once we are out of Europe you will be happy? Nowt else matters? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Unfortunately whether we like it or not It will be the key issue though Roly.
    The reason for this is because the country made a decision over three years ago and the likes of your beloved Labour Party have frustrated the process for their own gain. Your leader wants to leave but he wants to be PM and the person to make the exit from Europe rather than someone else.
    So it,s purely selfish reasons and for self gain that he,s done this.

So who,s been conned here?
    It is totally wrong to lay Brexit not getting done only at Labours' door Parliament as a bodyt have conspired to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    52% to 48% in Johnson's favour according to Yougov poll. These figures seem familiar !
    Johnson will always have the edge over Corbyn on Brexit but on the country as a whole over the last 9 years Johnson hasn't a leg to stand on and he knows it .

Which clearly reflects the yougov poll .

It's also not clear what the Tories position is much past the first 12 months of government if they are elected that is .

Everything in the manifesto seems to be about the first year and fails to take in to account the fact that a governments lifespan is 5 years .

Now this should be of concern to the Johnson has this brexit game under control clan because the manifesto doesn't actually endorse that .

The fact is Johnson doesn't know what's down the road only that he will " Get Brexit Done " .

I'll tell you here and now he's either going to have to sell out to the EU to get his free trade deal or the Americans are going to be all over us and in a position to dictate the terms of any future trade deal with our historic partner .... cough !!!

There's little wonder he doesn't want to be scrutinised .

You want Brexit, animal, so why all the concern over the reality of that?

Animal I think Johnson will sell out to eu he may get his trade deal with eu on a free trade only but I’m betting he will sacrifice the fishing industry to get it. That’s my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It is totally wrong to lay Brexit not getting done only at Labours' door Parliament as a bodyt have conspired to do so
    Exile I said the .....likes of the labour party....meaning they have been part of a larger group who have frustrated the process

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So you are not interested in any other issues then? So I take it once we are out of Europe you will be happy? Nowt else matters? Really?
    I,m not talking about myself Roly.
    Unfortunately this election is being driven by the EU question and I agree with you that it shouldn't be.
    If Parliament had carried out the wishes of the people then this election could have been held perhaps in a year or two in the summer and included all the other important issues. As it stands now those issues are taking a backseat amongst the voting public

Unfortunately this election is being driven by the EU question and I agree with you that it shouldn't be.
    If Parliament had carried out the wishes of the people then this election could have been held perhaps in a year or two in the summer and included all the other important issues. As it stands now those issues are taking a backseat amongst the voting public
    No it shouldn’t be driven by the EU question, but that should have been sorted years ago and we are only having an election because of the desire of some to overturn the result of a democratic referendum.

There are some plus points though. Some politicians have been exposed as the liars they are and the Labour Party has been exposed as being London centric using the northern voters as mug votes.

I said months ago labour should have backed the deal and gone for an election after because like you said on other issues torys would lose and yes there is other issues but in a time of crisis the crisis comes first. Labour cocked up big time by listening to the few not the many, we could have had a decent labour government in two years. Instead they are a joke who are handing it to torys on a silver platter

Page 107 of 162 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast