+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That may be so but the bill passed to 2nd reading despite the Labour stance. It won a majority so as Ken Clark asked today, why did the pm not allow time for scrutiny and work all hours to push this through as for the first time parliament had a majority for a deal. Why isn't this being passed now, as we speak Silly to "get brexit done" instead of further delay?
    I see what your saying pup but the only reason labour asked for a second reading which only a few labour seats voted for was to make them seem like they were being reasonable and pretending to be interested in it. If it had been voted down then he couldn’t bring it back after an election since it had been shot down, so he rolled the dice on a new parliament to try and gain more support.

Iv been saying this since the referendum the best thing labour could do is to let the Tory’s get on with brexit and once it’s over campaign on other issues in a election, instead they did the opposite and delayed it and delayed it keeping them in power for another 5 years and they will win, it will just come down to how many they win by and will they get majority.

And what annoys me more is people will vote labour and our area will be ignored for another 5 fking years.

Sorry if I offend you any labour for life people reading this but with snp Lib dumbs and a fractured Labour Party the way I see it your just voting to be ignored and having a mp on a huge vacation with a big cash boost
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 29-10-2019 at 10:51 PM.