+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Wolves

V Wolves

Not sure how serious Wolves will take this game but we need to rest a few ahead of the bigger game saturday.
    Steer
    Elmo
    Chester
    Hoarse
    Taylor
    Hourihane
    Luiz
    Marvelous
    Elghazi
    Davis
    Kodija

Steer

Elmo
    Konsa
    Hause
    Taylor

Lansbury
    Hourihane
    Douglas
    AEG

Davis
    Kodjia

That was a good perforce against the Wolves under 23s. Into the quarter finals again! And I have to say Douglas is a proper player! I wish Keinan could get a bit of a lucky break and bag a few goals.

Wolves have a bright future I think with that lot coming thru.

We didn't look too lost without Grealish and SJM tho, which is a bonus cos both will be off in the next year or so for big ££££

No chance Sam. We will be one of the biggest clubs in Europe in 4 years.

Thought both our wingers were under par, not impressed with luiz, seriously lacking a decent striker, Lansbury is both brilliant and sloppy in equal measure, Hourihane was invisible... It showed we have adequate cover in all areas except strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    Thought both our wingers were under par, not impressed with luiz, seriously lacking a decent striker, Lansbury is both brilliant and sloppy in equal measure, Hourihane was invisible... It showed we have adequate cover in all areas except strikers.
    Funny how different people's opinions can be on players. I think Douglas Luiz absolutely bossed the midfield. Our no. 6 was running thru their midfield, marauding runs and you know he's got a rocket of a shot from distance too.

Lansbury playing as a no. 10 is a nice option to have, but he won't get many chances to play instead of Jack.

The wingers I agree with. But that's the fun of flair players... They either look amazing when every little thing goes right or they look crap!

January we do need a 2md striker as, again for all of his industry, Keinan didn't cause their keeper a save to make.

Hourihane is effective when he's linking up with JG & SJM, Lansbury or Jota for me are the only ones that could do the type of offensive work that Jack does.

Davis - offered very little against a second string side that I felt defended well and kept the number of clear-cut chances down, he's hungry coming off the bench but both he and Wes need a foil for to get the most from them.

LFC in the quarters - Klopp don't care about this cup so a great chance to progress.

I think wez will get loads of goals soon. I'm buzzing right now. I'm not expecting us to win every week but this is the best squad of players I've seen at VP since MONs 2/3rd season.

Who would win?

Friedal
    Bouma Melberg Laursen Warnock
    Young Barry Pertov Milner Downing
    Carew

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I think wez will get loads of goals soon. I'm buzzing right now. I'm not expecting us to win every week but this is the best squad of players I've seen at VP since MONs 2/3rd season.

Who would win?

Friedal
    Bouma Melberg Laursen Warnock
    Young Barry Pertov Milner Downing
    Carew
    2 left backs mate? Don’t think that they started a game together. Warnock was brought in as Bouma’s replacement and Downing only signed for O’neil’s last season.

Did you mean 3rd & 4th season? Or generally the best of all Mon’s squads between 2006-10? If so, by the time (if given), DS has 4 full seasons in the Prem, then I’d wager that DS’s team would better that of Mons.

If they were to play now, in their prime, then Mon’s team would muller them, unless we played the game in Moscow .
    Laursen and Melberg would bring their deck chairs.
    The midfield would have their slippers on, and Carew would have indigestion, from devouring Engels, Mings and Heaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    2 left backs mate? Don’t think that they started a game together. Warnock was brought in as Bouma’s replacement and Downing only signed for O’neil’s last season.

Did you mean 3rd & 4th season? Or generally the best of all Mon’s squads between 2006-10? If so, by the time (if given), DS has 4 full seasons in the Prem, then I’d wager that DS’s team would better that of Mons.

If they were to play now, in their prime, then Mon’s team would muller them, unless we played the game in Moscow .
    Laursen and Melberg would bring their deck chairs.
    The midfield would have their slippers on, and Carew would have indigestion, from devouring Engels, Mings and Heaton.
    Haha... Or if we played mons team in March!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)