+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new head coach search

new head coach search

I think what the board of directors havent factored into the reckoning is that we're probably not that an attractive a proposition even for a relative rookie to management. Anyone new coming in (That hasnt been part of the club) only has to look at what has happened at oakwell over the last 4 years or so with the wholesale selling of players, coupled with these owners now looking for their 4th manager / head coach to work with in circa 30 months under there ownership doesnt come across as being very appealing.

I know its all been said before, but sometimes it takes the bigger person to admit a mistake, so why not see if DS fancies another crack at it and actually have the decency to sit down and see what he feels we want in order to be competitive (We all know the answer to this one). He is the first manager since DW in my 35 years of watching us who I've seen make a real difference. For the board to seemingly think so little of him/low down the pecking order is quite worrying - especially if you were someone considering applying for the job.

Has there been any communication to fans on the Official Site from the owners abart where we are in the process of appointing a new Head Coach ? Apart from the 21 Words Statement, which was 24 days ago, I still look for something like--"In order to keep fans informed of the progress in appointing a new Head Coach we can confirm that interviews are taking place and we are likely to make an appointment in the near future". It's not that hard to do is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Has there been any communication to fans on the Official Site from the owners abart where we are in the process of appointing a new Head Coach ? Apart from the 21 Words Statement, which was 24 days ago, I still look for something like--"In order to keep fans informed of the progress in appointing a new Head Coach we can confirm that interviews are taking place and we are likely to make an appointment in the near future". It's not that hard to do is it ?
    Theres been nothing whatsoever, yet Sunderland sacked Jack Ross hours after DS departed and have had their new manager in place for the last 3 games!

Lets be fair there's enough of them to knock something up! Murphy, Conway, Cryne etc

I think its a shambles and anyone who we show a glimmer of interest in looks at what I mentioned and gives us a wide berth. I just think we are a crap option which makes me think that Murray will get the job.

The reason for mentioning this with DS is that he's suddenly reappeared back in the betting for next manager! I know this doesnt mean a great deal but I have never seen a sacked manager reappear to be in the running for his old job back!

As I mentioned within a previous post huddersfield match thread, why not look to take the club over as fans 8000 @ £2500 should do the trick

It sed separated, not sacked, watch Im rollup at Garrison and se , am back " the cooling off period ez ended !!

Summats not reyt darn theear.

They don’t say anything because we mean nothing to them! They just expect us to swallow the crap they churn out when they deem it fitting!
    Why would anyone worth a w4nk want to manage us? They are joining a club already relegated a place where the fans and owners have no respect for each other and would most likely be sacked as soon as it is mathematically impossible for us to stay up!
    Murray will stay on as caretaker until we go down and then someone will come in for next season as they will see us as a good bet to come back up, this person will then leave when the board sells the team from under them!

Asbaghi could be the man

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Asbaghi could be the man
    I thought he blew himself up when Trump set his dog on him.

No Hodge that was Ali BigDaddy!

Ash bag we used to call them dustbins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast