+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Most successful transfer window in BFC history"

"Most successful transfer window in BFC history"

Hoss's words about this summer being the "most successful window in BFC history" and the incoming players being "a significant up grade on departing players" has caused me to reflect after 14 Championship games abart how the recruitment has gone in 2019. I would suggest, in my opinion, the following bands--

1 Unlikely to develop into Championship quality players
    Green
    Miller
    Anderson
    Oduor
    Halme
    Sibbick
    Thomas
    Styles
    Wilks
    Schmidt

2 Possible Championship players given time--
    Collins
    Radlinger
    Chaplin
    Diap

3 Championship ready players--
    None

Hoss may wish to reconsider his remarks.

Dunt foget Simoes

Most successful in BFC history just put into perspective means successful for lining their own already bulging pockets fkem

Whose Diap. Is it Papa Booba

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Whose Diap. Is it Papa Booba
    Oops--for Diap insert Diaby. Wishful thinking

I wonder if we'll get another Rim Pong

I suspect it's already too late for Barnsley to save themselves from relegation this season so it might be worth just accepting things as they are, cut the players and current acting coach/manager some slack and just get behind them as i'm sure you will.

I've looked at previous seasons at this equivalent stage of the season, picking random years, and some clubs who were relegated had 16 or 17 points already after 14 games, others had 12 and 13 points and I could only find one example of a club who had as few as 4 points.

Your owners have seriously cocked up this year, and there's not a lot they can do about it now.

That said Bristol City are beatable on Friday, so you never know. By the same " logic" Stoke are also in serious trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I suspect it's already too late for Barnsley to save themselves from relegation this season so it might be worth just accepting things as they are, cut the players and current acting coach/manager some slack and just get behind them as i'm sure you will.

I've looked at previous seasons at this equivalent stage of the season, picking random years, and some clubs who were relegated had 16 or 17 points already after 14 games, others had 12 and 13 points and I could only find one example of a club who had as few as 4 points.

Your owners have seriously cocked up this year, and there's not a lot they can do about it now.

That said Bristol City are beatable on Friday, so you never know. By the same " logic" Stoke are also in serious trouble
    Thak you

It's difficult to offer up the long term merits of the new recruits .

Most definitely none are championship standard which is a bit of tw@t considering we are in the championship .

By the time we kick off next season's league one campaign they may find their feet but much of that will depend on a HC who is able to restore confidence levels and have a solid plan on the playing style ........ if only we could find such a HC !!!!!!

Next summer the window will be about replacing Woodrow , Mowatt , Cavare , Thiam , Dougall and possibly Jacob Brown .

Plenty of work on there as all were top quality League One players .

6 young recruits to fit it alongside the battered and bruised squad after a championship mauling doesn't bode well for next season in league one .

We may find ourselves staying down there this time in my opinion and it's open to debate for how long .

The wheels are coming off this analytic policy and we've seen more runts in the litter than we did a few years ago .

Everything has a sell by date , no pun intended .

Personally I think 14 games is not long enough to truly show their credentials or judge them, also considering there's no experienced pros working by their side they're properly in at the deep end. Obviously it's been a struggle but from what I've seen I think we've been unfortunate not to have more points on the board. I'm not saying we can survive but I've certainly seen a lot worse Barnsley sides than this gather more championship points in previous campaigns.

We all know what's required. With the necessary experience brought in in January we might ev a shot at survival. Then again, there's abart as much chance o that happening as a one legged blowk winning an arse kicking competition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast