+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Most successful transfer window in BFC history"

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Personally I think 14 games is not long enough to truly show their credentials or judge them, also considering there's no experienced pros working by their side they're properly in at the deep end. Obviously it's been a struggle but from what I've seen I think we've been unfortunate not to have more points on the board. I'm not saying we can survive but I've certainly seen a lot worse Barnsley sides than this gather more championship points in previous campaigns.

We all know what's required. With the necessary experience brought in in January we might ev a shot at survival. Then again, there's abart as much chance o that happening as a one legged blowk winning an arse kicking competition
    To have a squeak we need to win 5 of next 9. It should have been 6 from 10 but for the Huddersfield debacle.

Swansea and WBA restored a bit of faith but the Huddersfield result p1ssed on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    To have a squeak we need to win 5 of next 9. It should have been 6 from 10 but for the Huddersfield debacle.

Swansea and WBA restored a bit of faith but the Huddersfield result p1ssed on that.

Personally Steve a think that the lads confidence will go to pieces sooner or later if things carry on. They've put everything into this season and got very little in return. Nearly 3 months nar since our last win. Heeards a gonna drop sooner or later.

A wo sayin to ar kid t'other day that we will struggle to get 30 points this season unless we bring in some experience at back and quality up front. A stand by that and that's not a dig at our players cos they're giving it their best most weeks but it's just too big a challenge at the moment. We're desperate forra win Friday night. We get that then the lads have a different perspective and may kick on and give our points tally some respectability

They gave their all and were 2-0 up against WBA but bad finishing and lack of experience cost us a win. Are these Muppets running the show taking note, I doubt it A they haven't a clue and B they don't give a fk

If we go down I think we'll stay down.
    Look at Sunderland & Portsmouth this season.
    Portsmouth bottom half & Sunderland still struggling despite some proven quality players (New manager lost 3 out of 4).
    We'll probably be trying to bed in half a dozen promising league 2 youngsters.

They will make a point in saying that nobody will leave this summer so they can bring us back up! That's what they did last time and it makes clear sense for them?
    If they sell them when we are relegated they won't break even on what we paid, if they sell when we come up they make a profit because the players have Championship experience and a promotion behind them!

I think there's only Woodrow that we'd end up selling. Mowatt is a big fish in a small pond and might attract some interest but I fail to see what he'd bring to the table for a bigger club. Hence him still being with us.

Perhaps we could do a BOGOF offer., or 3 for 2.
    I've said before I have no attachment to most of this squad.
    I'd never heard of most of them when we signed them and I'd guess we won't hear much more of them after they've been sold.
    It might sound harsh but you can't just sign eleven players every season and call them 'Barnsley'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Perhaps we could do a BOGOF offer., or 3 for 2.
    I've said before I have no attachment to most of this squad.
    I'd never heard of most of them when we signed them and I'd guess we won't hear much more of them after they've been sold.
    It might sound harsh but you can't just sign eleven players every season and call them 'Barnsley'.
    Spot on!

Same as club it's no longer Barnsley FC it's now consortium FC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12