+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keogh sacked

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    S*** player, s*** captain good riddance

He cost this club in 2014 and has been making us a laughing stock ever since. The greedy little ******* couldn't sit on his a*se for half his wages either ffs.

Now sack the other 2 waste of spaces as well. No club will offer anything for Bennett anyway,, and no club is stupid enough to bid more than 2m for Lawrence either.

He cost this club in 2014 and has been making us a laughing stock ever since. The greedy little ******* couldn't sit on his a*se for half his wages either ffs.

Now sack the other 2 waste of spaces as well. No club will offer anything for Bennett anyway,, and no club is stupid enough to bid more than 2m for Lawrence either.
    It's good to see the voice of reason has returned

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Shouldn't believe anything in Gloucester Live the said we had sold Luke Thomas to West Ham for £10million
    They are quoting a report in the Guardian which isn't generally known for publishing stuff that isn't factual. It does seem like double standards, he wasn't driving, but because he isn't worth anything on the transfer market they get rid. Of course there could be more to it and there could be specific clauses in his contract which covers his actions off the field, but in employment law terms, the club seem to be on very sticky ground if there are not specific clauses in his contract which they are relying on - think we will hear more on this, though there again a mutually agreed settlement is the more likely outcome.

Farewell it seems to a good servant for the club, one of our more consistent players and IMO a good captain over the past few years.

I'd suggest that there is more than we know, that would have been discussed during the disciplinary process. I find it hard to believe that there are double standards in place whilst there is so much public scrutiny

I think this is my first post on here in about five years, just thought I’d reappear to tell you that this is absolute nonsense.

He can’t be that bad when in his seven full seasons here he’s had an individual award in four of them. Some people just can’t see what he does well because they’re stuck in the 80s when all your defenders had to do was head and kick it.

Who has been laughing at us? Who really cares other than Forest and maybe Leeds again? The hyperbole is unreal.

You have literally no idea what his reduced contract was. The Twittersphere has collectively decided upon £12,500 when the only mention of the wage cut was that he would be paid a fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFC95 View Post
    I think this is my first post on here in about five years, just thought I’d reappear to tell you that this is absolute nonsense.

He can’t be that bad when in his seven full seasons here he’s had an individual award in four of them. Some people just can’t see what he does well because they’re stuck in the 80s when all your defenders had to do was head and kick it.

Who has been laughing at us? Who really cares other than Forest and maybe Leeds again? The hyperbole is unreal.

You have literally no idea what his reduced contract was. The Twittersphere has collectively decided upon £12,500 when the only mention of the wage cut was that he would be paid a fraction.
    Well said.

One thing we do know is that Keogh was well respected and highly regarded by his teammates.
    If this whole incident was ultimately the fault of those who chose to drive whilst over the limit you do have to wonder how damaging this whole sorry incident has been and will now continue to be for squad morale.

Back to DCFC's 2014 comment. Keogh couldn't get to the ball. It happens to players all game, all over the park. It's part of football. Further, 1 second previously to that both Fozzy and Bucko decided not to launch the ball into row Z as there was only a few seconds to go. Instead they tried to play it out and failed. The result of that was they got the ball, it was crossed............ and the rest is history. One very good friend of mine who never has and never will rate Keogh does NOT blame him for the Wembley defeat.

What was the offer DCFC made? We don't, and probably never will, know but the reports in the press talk of a fraction of his current £24K a week. Were I to guess on the size of the offer it would be £5K a week. Still not bad when you are unable to "work" and your employer is providing medical care and physical rehabilitation and you get to use all of the facilities Moor Farm has to offer.

IMO there are issues to which we are not privy so it doesn't make sense to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Im going to make no further comment other than to say it’s a very sad day for DCFC when a player who has given so much ends his career under such a cloud...that and I very much doubt we’ve heard the last of this.
    Hmm that resolve didn't last long in the face of Mr Ludicrous' onslaught 😅

Let’s just put things into perspective..... if the 25k per week is true that’s £1.3m per year....! And how many years has he been here??? Granted I’ll accept that he wouldn’t have arrived on wages like that but if someone that earns money like that can’t take some personal insurance out covering injuries outside of football then it’s a poor do!

With the money he’s earned over the years I’m sure that he will survive even if he’s just put some away for a rainy day here and there!!

As for the club..... why would any organisation not look to reduce its outgoings should the opportunity arise? The club did put transport on for the players and ultimately gave them an option it’s not their fault that some players made horrendous errors that night!

It’s a ****e set of circumstances all round that I’m sure we all wish hadn’t happened.... however we all know where we stand now! Technically this saves the club nearly £2m in wages alone and we can now look for another CB. Or would we rather keep Keogh here on full wages and then moan about not being able to replace him??

I suspect that an offer of rehabilitation is still on the cards using our facilities due to his presence at the club! I also suspect that he was in agreement with the decision possibly meaning he could activate any personal insurance he held....!

I read on FB that it's all some bloke called "Charlie" 's fault..............

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)