+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keogh sacked

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    They are quoting a report in the Guardian which isn't generally known for publishing stuff that isn't factual. It does seem like double standards, he wasn't driving, but because he isn't worth anything on the transfer market they get rid. Of course there could be more to it and there could be specific clauses in his contract which covers his actions off the field, but in employment law terms, the club seem to be on very sticky ground if there are not specific clauses in his contract which they are relying on - think we will hear more on this, though there again a mutually agreed settlement is the more likely outcome.

Farewell it seems to a good servant for the club, one of our more consistent players and IMO a good captain over the past few years.
    Swales your right obviously things we don't know. Employment law is very complicated when it comes to dismissing an employee Would have thought the club's legal team would have gone through it very meticulously Personally I think he was stupid not to accept a reduced wage Seems like he's been badly advised Would imagine the FL will become involved . From the club's point of view they will argue his own stupidity in getting in a car with a driver he knew had been drinking resulting in a long term injury exacerbated by not wearing a seatbelt

Dcfc95 please don't concern yourself with Dcfcarmy he's just an attention seeking moron who is tolerated by the mods purely to keep the post count up

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Hmm that resolve didn't last long in the face of Mr Ludicrous' onslaught 😅
    Lol...says the man who’s threatened to leave the forum more often than Johnson has been defeated.

Anyway, I meant I wouldn’t comment on what allegedly happened because we just don’t know and I doubt we ever will.

Only 3 times and one of them was enforced absence rather than choice!! 😋😋😉

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I read on FB that it's all some bloke called "Charlie" 's fault..............
    Good old Faecesbook

Do you think someone might be confusing this issue linked hereunder with our Mr K?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/818157...wyers-offices/

You tease GP posting stuff from last January

Sacking Keogh for gross misconduct and for bringing the club into disrepute seems a bit harsh for not signing a new contract on reduced wages, using the two offences above then my guess is Lawrence and Bennett will both be dealt the same once they have served their community service the club imposed, no point doing it now before they've gone through the pain and embarrassment is there

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Sacking Keogh for gross misconduct and for bringing the club into disrepute seems a bit harsh for not signing a new contract on reduced wages, using the two offences above then my guess is Lawrence and Bennett will both be dealt the same once they have served their community service the club imposed, no point doing it now before they've gone through the pain and embarrassment is there
    I suspect the basic reasoning is that Keogh can no longer do his job as a result of poor/stupid decision making on his part, while Lawrence and Bennett remain able to work even though they were arguably more culpable.

I dont think you can compare the cases at all. Whilst there is some commonality - ie disrepute etc - there are clearly other unique aspects to Keogh's treatment that did not apply to the other two. Thus simply because he has been terminated under what can only be described as "strange circumstances", you cannot assume the same thing will happen to the other two.

I have to say that termination of contract seems harsh, but we do not know what the circumstances were. I doubt you can just terminate without cause, and I'd be surprised if getting injured for a reason unrelated to football could, in itself, be considered "cause". For example if he had injured himself in a similar way on a skiing holiday, would that have resulted in dismissal? Both sucj incidents could have had him on the PUP list for a year or more.

I doubt we will ever know what lies behind it, aside from it being maybe an opportunity to cut costs - although his contract may have needed to be fully paid off, in which case it would save little (Maybe ERNI if he was paid compensation for loss of office?)

[QUOTE=StensonRam;39354486]Sacking Keogh for gross misconduct and for bringing the club into disrepute seems a bit harsh for not signing a new contract on reduced wages, using the two offences above then my guess is Lawrence and Bennett will both be dealt the same once they have served their community service the club imposed, no point doing it now before they've gone through the pain and embarrassment is there[/

Stenson I would be surprised if anything happens to Lawrence and Bennett (unfortunately). The club said at the time they are fined the maximum their contracts allowed So unless the club give them free transfers in Jan and hope somebody somebody wants them ( which is doubtful ) then we're stuck with them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)