+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Keogh sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I didn't know that about V1tal. Such is life away from fb

Rattea messaged me a while ago, just getting on with life and no apparent hard feelings
    Last time I looked V1TAL was still extant, though about as much action as Highoredish Picnic site does these days!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think your spot on in that assessment, piss poor handling of the situation by the club IMO.
    Swales I won't elaborate but from what I've been told it comes down to a junior member of staff also being a passenger I will leave it at that
    Last edited by mistaram; 01-11-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Best to stick to the known facts which means that, at this moment, we have no idea why they saw fit to give RK a choice between a 50% drop in wages or the sack. We also do't know why the other 4 involved are still involved or even still at the club. It may come out in the future, it may not. We shall have to wait and see.

January may prove to be a month in which a lot becomes crystal clear.

In the mean time...what is all this doing for team spirit?

Bielik, Clarke and Shinnie must be wondering what sort of ‘circus’ they’ve joined.

Its a good point RA, and whilst on the face of it this appears a one off event, there could be an underlying culture or issue at the club. We can all shout about double standards, but for all we know Keogh might already have been on a final warning for a previous event and already have had his 2nd chance.

Either way, we've got a mardy game against boro coming up, so plenty more controversy!

Gibson will probably sign keogh today on a one week contract!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In the mean time...what is all this doing for team spirit?

Bielik, Clarke and Shinnie must be wondering what sort of ‘circus’ they’ve joined.
    Yes and Cocu and his staff If this was team bonding what was Bradley Johnson doing there

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes and Cocu and his staff If this was team bonding what was Bradley Johnson doing there
    Doesn't he still live not all that far from the Joiner's? By 8 o'clock the official part of the evening over and then he joins in for a drink with his former teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Doesn't he still live not all that far from the Joiner's? By 8 o'clock the official part of the evening over and then he joins in for a drink with his former teammates?
    He does MA. Still lives in Quarndon and The Joiners is very definitely his ‘local’.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Best to stick to the known facts which means that, at this moment, we have no idea why they saw fit to give RK a choice between a 50% drop in wages or the sack. We also do't know why the other 4 involved are still involved or even still at the club. It may come out in the future, it may not. We shall have to wait and see.

January may prove to be a month in which a lot becomes crystal clear.
    Thats the issue though, the clubs statement as to why doesn't actually make sense, other than the other two players are fincial and playing assets and it would disadvantage the club to apply the same approach to them as they have with keogh, much better if they had not put that statement out in relation to sacking Keogh.

It also does not make sense to offer half his salary, either you sack someone for gross misconduct or you apply another sanction. Anyway I'm sure Keogh will respond legally and if that ends in "an agreed settlement" (these things hardly ever get to court for various reasons, we will still be none the wiser.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)