+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye bye Craig

Bye bye Craig

Hearts have sacked Craig Levein.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50255905

Could it be bye bye to our manager too ?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Could it be bye bye to our manager too ?
    I know money talks, but would like to think that our manager has started a system of playing with a pool of players of his choosing. Hearts are a club in turmoil on and off the park and it will take a major overall to get them competing again at the top end of the league. IMO StephenRobinson is waiting for the national manager’s job of his country. Time will tell

If Heart want Stephen Robinson they will get him, as money is the only thing that influences football players/managers. Anyone who thinks any different clearly learned nothing from the Craig Brown/Aberdeen episode back in 2010.

Jack Ross will be Head Coach of Hearts FC by this time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    If Heart want Stephen Robinson they will get him, as money is the only thing that influences football players/managers. Anyone who thinks any different clearly learned nothing from the Craig Brown/Aberdeen episode back in 2010.
    McInnes turned down multiples of his salary at Sunderland and there have been others...but in general you're right, money talks unless a manager has a very particular career plan in mind.

As for Robbo, I've said before that I think his Oldham experience will make him wary of jumping to a basket case club (like Sunderland, say) and he seems set on managing Northern Ireland. It's how he thinks of getting there that matters. Hearts and Aberdeen are the two in between clubs in Scotland where actual success above 'par' is incredibly hard to achieve and relative failure is highly likely...is the extra cash they'd offer him worth the risk on his path to Belfast?

I'm also not nearly as convinced as some in the media that he'll be their first choice, certainly not when there are others available cheaper or for free. He's done very well for us but Tommy Wright has achieved much more with St Johnstone and is still stuck in Perth.

There are some ridiculous names on this list but plenty that make as much, if not more, sense than Robinson: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-824445?page=3

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    McInnes turned down multiples of his salary at Sunderland and there have been others...but in general you're right, money talks unless a manager has a very particular career plan in mind.

As for Robbo, I've said before that I think his Oldham experience will make him wary of jumping to a basket case club (like Sunderland, say) and he seems set on managing Northern Ireland. It's how he thinks of getting there that matters. Hearts and Aberdeen are the two in between clubs in Scotland where actual success above 'par' is incredibly hard to achieve and relative failure is highly likely...is the extra cash they'd offer him worth the risk on his path to Belfast?

I'm also not nearly as convinced as some in the media that he'll be their first choice, certainly not when there are others available cheaper or for free. He's done very well for us but Tommy Wright has achieved much more with St Johnstone and is still stuck in Perth.

There are some ridiculous names on this list but plenty that make as much, if not more, sense than Robinson: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-824445?page=3
    Looking at some of the tactical horror shows and industrial football Robinson has put on show over the last few years I doubt he will be of much interest to Hearts. They have had their fill of that kind of stuff under Levein.

Robinson is still very much a developing manager and still has a lot to learn. There has been much improvement over the last 12 months and if Turnbull had been available it may even have been better. One day Keith will take over from him. Just not yet.

Wink

[QUOTE=sieb1886;39354814]Jack Ross will be Head Coach of Hearts FC by this time next week.[

You never know.....He could be our head coach this time next week.

[QUOTE=wellin;39355152]
    Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Jack Ross will be Head Coach of Hearts FC by this time next week.[

You never know.....He could be our head coach this time next week.
    Brilliant... though given our options from that list we could do worse. That said, I'd expect Lasley has first call on it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)