+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see Corbyn

This is much more interesting than moaning about Ashley and his sh!t. At least we have a chance at changing the status quo of the government, with Ashley we're just fu*ked.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Have you been googling Pat?
    😂😄
    Yes I did google but simply to check my facts because it's decades since I discussed these matters.

I found that the facts of history are still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I know we're from all sides of the political spectrum on here and I'm glad we can discuss stuff like this without falling out.

Personally, I'm on the left of centre and have always voted Labour but I absolutely agree...Corbyn is a shocking leader. Anyone who can call Hamas 'brothers' can fuck right off.
    Exactly the same as you Zip but presently I feel that if you took every current M.P. regardless of party and just looked at the genuine standing of their beliefs and characters you would find it difficult to assemble enough of them to make an effective government.

Having read this thread with interest I think they are some very good and very valid points overall.

However, how any one can go on about how Corbyn would ruin the country when the country has already been ruined through successive regressive tory policies is beyond common sense. That said for me the two party system in this country is totally broke and needs a rethink.

Reality for me, is that we have been conned by the far and hard right and their press buddies into thinking they are the only answer. In 2020 in the EU tax transparency comes into law, we will be out by then! No coincidence. Working and environmental rights taken out of the legal side of the deal and put into the “should” do category. Even though they say they want to strengthen those areas. If so, why take them out of a legal requirement. It smells of rank hypocrisy the so called tory deal. Defending working and environmental rights should be a cornerstone in this day and age for a so called civilised society. As for a party saying a total no deal is the best way forward, well therein lies the path of true madness.

One could go on about the number of abject failures of the tory party and Boris with his constant stream of lies but it appears that people are falling for the propaganda. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

I think Geordie1974 has summed it up well. People need to wake up and realise that voting for the Brexit party or the tory party will lead into more economic strive and hardship for many but not for those at the top. Whether that would be the case for labour hard to say.

What could be one the main answers in trying to sort out this mess; though I never thought I would agree with it; is proportional representation, warts and all.

I like many am conflicted this time around but I hope people can see though the facade from all sides and read what and how each party promise to do and how they can afford to do it!

Whatever happens, we are now a divided nation and that will not change in the near future.

Corbyn could kick Ashley straight in the billox and he still wouldn’t get my vote,id have the chuckle brothers over him and Diane Abbott

Proportional representation haha .Wasn't the referendum PR voting and it's being ignored .People say brexit is crap but want PR it would have meant over 400 brexit MPs .

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Yes I did google but simply to check my facts because it's decades since I discussed these matters.

I found that the facts of history are still the same.
    LOL - history is written by the winners.

Read 'The road to serfdom' by Haydeck!

It amazes me that Labour persist with Corbyn as leader. Literally ANYONE else leading them would now be PM after the complete shambles of government we've had over recent years.

It amazes me that Labour persist with Corbyn as leader. Literally ANYONE else leading them would now be PM after the complete shambles of government we've had over recent years.
    Agree there. They would romp home with Kier Starmer at the helm.

LOL - history is written by the winners.

Read 'The road to serfdom' by Haydeck!
    Thanks Toptoon, I'll get a hold of that and have a good read.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)