+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roofe

Roofe

Probably feels he's still playing for Leeds. Scored 2 to put Anderlecht 3-1 up after 84 mins only to concede a 94th minute equaliser. Sounds like another team I know.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Probably feels he's still playing for Leeds. Scored 2 to put Anderlecht 3-1 up after 84 mins only to concede a 94th minute equaliser. Sounds like another team I know.
    if you are suggesting us the the flaw in your logic is comparing us to a team that scores 3 goals

A fit Roofe for us this season and we would have been 4-6 points clear..still think it was a mistake selling him despite his injury issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    A fit Roofe for us this season and we would have been 4-6 points clear..still think it was a mistake selling him despite his injury issues.
    Don't so much think it was a mistake selling him, but not replacing him with a proven striker was.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Don't so much think it was a mistake selling him, but not replacing him with a proven striker was.
    A mistake to sell him..then a mistake not to replace him.

Dont think we could afford the wages he was looking for Rev. I think Philip's was seen as more important so what funds we had went that way. That's why I dont think it was a bad decision to get rid.

He has now scored 4 goals in 6 games for Ander's and playing very well according to reports.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Dont think we could afford the wages he was looking for Rev. I think Philip's was seen as more important so what funds we had went that way. That's why I dont think it was a bad decision to get rid.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Fair point.
    Apologies for dragging up the past, but if it's a matter of what funds were available, might we not have been better keeping BPF and devoting the funds for Casilla to keeping Roofe happy?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Apologies for dragging up the past, but if it's a matter of what funds were available, might we not have been better keeping BPF and devoting the funds for Casilla to keeping Roofe happy?
    A couple of things to consider on that one, BPF for me was/is not as good as Casilla. BPF had made comments to the press about getting more 1st team experience or he was off - no-one is bigger than the club. Some might say he was just being honest others might say he was giving out an ultimatum.

I felt BPF was looking to leave and could therefore have unsettled the team. I also suspect we might have tried to offload Casilla in the summer but had no takers at that time.

BPF isn’t as good as he imagines he is

Roofe again, assisted the 1st goal then scored the winner in a 2-1 win. Imagine we had a regular goalscorer like that.

*Sigh*