+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There are boards that are for talking politics. There are boards for talking football

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A reminder of just how awful the quality was in those days and the crowds were pitiful.

I was at that match and it was sad to see Bennett’s last game.

A pleasure to be reminded just how s h I t Don Goodman was despite the goals that day.....long may he continue not to remind people he played for us!

Bit harsh on Goodman. Played over 150 games for us and scored around 60 goals. However, only cost us I think around £50k when he signed from Bradford and we sold him for almost £1 million to Sunderland. Haven’t done that with too many players.
    A very good signing for us in my opinion and a great bit of business.

By the way the next video on You tube after the Barnsley game is the one when we beat Man City 3-1 at Maine Road with Peter Barnes scoring 2, that was some side and some performance as well. Happy days and great memories.

It isn't discussing points of view though is it? It ends up in a slagging contest and insulting other posters. Westbrom.com don't allow politics to be discussed. Westbrom.com does what it says on the tin.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It isn't discussing points of view though is it? It ends up in a slagging contest and insulting other posters. Westbrom.com don't allow politics to be discussed. Westbrom.com does what it says on the tin.
    I’ll put my hand up and say I used words that I probably shouldn’t have yesterday and that was only yesterday. So not sure if you are referring to me re the slagging contest because there are few other posters on here that do it on a regular basis. Am I being called out for the one time I’ve said something?If so then why all of a sudden as soon as I start? Would seem unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I’ll put my hand up and say I used words that I probably shouldn’t have yesterday and that was only yesterday. So not sure if you are referring to me re the slagging contest because there are few other posters on here that do it on a regular basis. Am I being called out for the one time I’ve said something?If so then why all of a sudden as soon as I start? Would seem unfair.
    No Regis mate, i am not picking anyone out and i haven't read any of the political threads for a while, but i know how they always turn out, people get offended and leave the board. We have all said things that we later regret, myself included. But i agree with Chris and don't think a football board is the place to discuss politics.
    Whether our views are those of Hitler or Citizen Smith, we all love the albion.

I belong to another Proboards forum and on there they have a separate section for non related discussions. Why can't we have that on here so that the football discussions are kept apart from other topics?

This is just a case of hair splitting.

My dad always used to swear at the TV when Mary Whitehouse was pontificating in the 70’s and 80’s and to point out there was an “off” button if she didn’t want to watch buttocks moving up and down or the “Old Un” being used in conversation.

I’m very much of the view that as an adult,you can quickly decipher if a thread is political or otherwise and avoid or join in.

Failing that you can always log out or switch off completely,never to return.....flounce off in a fit of pique.

There’s been a few who’ve done that 😆

More than once!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I belong to another Proboards forum and on there they have a separate section for non related discussions. Why can't we have that on here so that the football discussions are kept apart from other topics?
    That is an option, but .com doesn't allow politics even on the off topic side, it's too divisive. I think they are right.
    Another option would be to put up a thread called politics and everyone to put there opinions on the one thread, any new threads would be removed. As it is politics are clogging up this board.

The o/t (not posted as o/t) rubbish still continues unabated.

Let’s have a separate thread for talking b o l l ox on.

It should be inundated.

The funny thing is ( and I very much include myself in this ),when you take a step back and contemplate for two minutes you realise most of the time spent typing on here on on FACEBOOK is pointless.

1/ You never change anyone’s opinions.

2/ You merely try to promote your own.

The Buddhists probably have it right,contemplation and meditation is time far better spent.

I shall now contemplate my own navel for a short period.

Maybe we all should.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Don't do that mate, just enjoy the video of an Albion/Barnsley match from a few years back. The great Martyn Bennett's final appearance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHvdl2EVrU
    Tahh very much Chris kid for reminding me of that wonderful result for us (in season '89-90). I really love watching old match videos like that lol.
    As for the political shoite that we get these days on Footymad, I agree that there ought to be a place for it, but it should be well away from the decent football based threads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)