+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko Casilla

Second choice keeper for xmas and new year then.

If they have lip readers/translators and he's said what he's supposed to have said, then why is he denying it so strenuously and the Club backing him, doesn't make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    If they have lip readers/translators and he's said what he's supposed to have said, then why is he denying it so strenuously and the Club backing him, doesn't make sense?
    That does puzzle me too, really hope he is innocent somehow

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    That does puzzle me too, really hope he is innocent somehow
    I guess like Suarez if you deny it for long enough people might believe you and your reputation is somewhat maintained in the game and in the face of all the various people you play with and against.

You get to keep the player, and maintain the status quo, even if you are sure you're not doing the right thing. Horrible thought.

Carragher came out last week and said they had been wrong to support Suarez in the way they did - could be another case of that for us, if the evidence is clear.

Also - financial reasons? Depending on how bad it was/might be, he's costing us 50 grand a week at present, so who would buy him/buy him out if he admits it? Would we be stuck with a lemon nobody wants? Would we be able to cancel a contract on the basis of his behaviour?

I dunno - whatever way you look at it, it would stink if it's clear he did it. Marcelo winning the fair play award in those circumstances?!

Fanniehairy (or what eva its name is) was cleared of any racial abuse by a UK Magistrates court but was still charged by the FA and banned for 6 games!

FA are corrupt to the core so expect the worst guilty or not..

Lance Armstrong strenuously denied wrong doing and we all know how that ended

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Fanniehairy (or what eva its name is) was cleared of any racial abuse by a UK Magistrates court but was still charged by the FA and banned for 6 games!

FA are corrupt to the core so expect the worst guilty or not..
    Lol

My cousins son and daughter in law are both deaf and lip read family and friends who don't know how to sign. To understand fully what people are saying they need to look at you straight on and you should articulate clearly. Even then they do not always "read" the correct words. So as far as I am concerned bringing lip readers and Spanish language lip readers does not mean that what they say he said is totally correct.

And I did read somewhere, one of the groups on facebook I think, that this same lad has in the past accused at least 3 other players of doing the same thing. How true this is I don't know.

If he did say anything racist then hell mend him. If he didn't then the Charlton lad needs a good talking to.

I await with baited breath the full transcript from the FA

It would be interesting if he did get a 8-12 game ban as rumoured. It would mean they've made their minds up already before speaking to Casilla despite denying they have made any decisions.

Not sure how true this is but the alledged racist comment/remark Kiko supposedly said was to a Leeds defender "Mark the black lad".

If true..and that is considered to be racist..then I think..well I don't know what to think to be honest..seems very extreme to call it a 'racist' remark.
    Last edited by Rev72; 05-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)