+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko Casilla

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    if thats what hes said, this is rediculous.
    Until we know the allegation we can't judge, but it's good we're all in agreement that if it's racist he needs punishing.

I think we all are Jez. The undercurrent question here is.....if this is a BS allegation what punishment will be dished out to the player who is throwing the accusations about?......ie the dirtbags at the fa?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Until we know the allegation we can't judge, but it's good we're all in agreement that if it's racist he needs punishing.
    Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures also requires punishment too Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Having read the comments from all our contributors and soaking up the reported claims of what was actually said. I honestly feel that the powers that be would send a stronger/better message if they educated Kiko on what he got wrong.

My gut feeling is this was not a deliberate act of racism, with the intent of upsetting or belittling someone etc etc, I think it is more a case of an ignorance of the terms that cause offense.

I know ignorance is not an excuse, but I am sure we have all at one time or another said something, that caused offence because we didn't think it through properly?
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 06-11-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures also requires punishment too Jez.
    Sorry, what's your point?

I was discussing this with a Bristol City pal of mine earlier.

If he did say what is reported "mark the black lad" then I don't see any real racial undertones in that comment.

If it is deemed racist then they should change the name of the event last month called Black History Month because it seems that society is also in the wrong using that word.

The problem is that society and individuals get upset and there can be a massive divide between them. What one person finds offensive another may not.

If he was racist or there was any undertone of racism whatsoever then yes ban him.

Edited as I thought it was this month but it runs in October.
    Last edited by fredlufc74; 06-11-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    I was discussing this with a Bristol City pal of mine earlier.

If he did say what is reported "mark the black lad" then I don't see any real racial undertones in that comment.

If it is deemed racist then they should change the name of the event last month called Black History Month because it seems that society is also in the wrong using that word.

The problem is that society and individuals get upset and there can be a massive divide between them. What one person finds offensive another may not.

If he was racist or there was any undertone of racism whatsoever then yes ban him.

Edited as I thought it was this month but it runs in October.
    Obviously i want this not to be true as much as anyone, but there's a couple of things that stand out here as a problem -

1) if he said 'mark the black lad', in Spanish (EFL employed Spanish lip readers apparently because he was using Spanish), who was he talking to in the Leeds defence of White (not using that in a racist way BTW, in case anyone takes offence), Dallas, Cooper and Alioski. None of them have Spanish as a first language, as far as i know. If it was to Costa, who speaks Portuguese, i guess it could be because Costa might speak Spanish from his 6 months on loan at Deportivo La Coruna, but it would be an incredibly intelligent and quick-thinking step to be giving instructions to a player based on knowing he can understand your own language when everyone else speaks English. But even so....

2) if you were that intelligent and quick-thinking, would you label a player you want someone to mark by his racial derivation? - i note Fred's comments and fully understand the sentiment, but labelling someone to mark them out for attention specifically by their race from other people is very different from using 'black' to describe a positive month of celebration of history. I do think there's a problem with that, if maybenot one as bad as other types of comment that we've seen before. Someone said earlier that if it's that it should attract education and i think that's spot on. But hiding it in Spanish? Isn't that weird and a bit sinister?

What next? 'Mark the gay lad'? In Spanish?

Anyway, I don't want any of this to be true, and as i said before, until we know what the accusation is it's very hard to even judge, but it doesn't feel right to me, even at the level that's being suggested. Not 12 games wrong, but still not right.

IF he said 'mark the black lad' then the question everyone needs to ask is was that a racist remark/comment???

For me its a big fat f*cking NO..infact it stinks of someone wanting to cause trouble for Leeds United.

For now..we wait and see exactly what the crack is!

I agree with you Jez.

A word like that should be used in a positive context like it is with Black History Month and never used in a negative way. From what I have read online it seems that it was used not in a slanderous or insulting way more a neutral way.

And I think that is the point I was trying to make, that because it is used in a positive context within a month of celebration then people might think that as long as there is no insult or such that it is ok to use it in the general everyday sense.

I also agree that it seems a bit weird if he did say it in Spanish to non-Spanish speakers.

Im not getting all the fuss.
    What if someone says 'mark the white lad'
    Its the Charlton lad who needs educating about how to get the chip of his shoulder and grow up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)