+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set Pieces

In the word of the brilliant "scholar" Mike Tyson. "Everyone has a plan until I punch him in the face".

Set Pieces and Restarts are the only time in football where you largely get to dictate rules of the attack.

It's great that MB wants to control the flow of the game when the ball is in play. Wish he was half as concerned about controlling restarts as he is in free play.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Jez
    .............of course he mentions stuff about Leeds but I ain't the Leeds Mad Forum version of Poirot.
    As a fan too he was happy to state why Bamford is still of interest to Big Mick whilst addressing members from the Irish Centre Leeds (off York Road)whilst handing over some freebie kits for the kids teams that I arranged a while back before a game.
    For me as my friend will agree regarding football tactics - 'everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team' and that analogy is good enough for me as I travel,attend,enjoy live action and then go home.I never watch the pundit analysts and constant 'what if replays' they drool over after the event.End of.
    Regarding any tactical views retrospectively expressed of late to me and others I'll share this because I think it's a fair assessment from a modest gentleman in the company of old friends.In response to the Leeds setup presently (bearing in mind injury,experience and ability) Bielsa is asking players to run beyond Bamford (the false nine scenario).That now requires Bamford to be a sole target (playmaker) positioned now more isolated upfront within the present setup which now asks players to run beyond our now false nine. This evidently enables us to keep possession extremely well still whilst hopefully releasing players into space which as we all know is not resulting in chances being taken from our midfield box runners beyond Bamford and that area has now been recently adjusted by changing the zonal areas to exploit for such runners which evidently recently has now seen goals.
    The answer is obviously 'chances must be taken' if supplied via Bamford or put Bamford into the box and supply him which results in altering the supply route of the ball into zonal areas to maximise on - only Pablo gives that alternative supply option within the flowing attacking system we play but when he's not playing ........ ?
    Leeds require another Pablo/Saiz rather than another striker apparently to be bought in and are active in that quest.The need for two up top which again would require system changes will not suit present available players I,understand.
    Mick McCarthy likes the options that Bamford brings but there are issues over his recovery and associated matters before any International decisions are pursued I understand.
    Aidan Butterworth (Ex Leeds '80/84),still living close to the city working as a Sportswear Rep, told me at a Leeds city of Diversity event at Leeds University Parkinson Building recently that Bamford needed more physicality to his game.Brian Dean (Ex Leeds '93/97),still lives in Leeds and now coaches at the club alongside his Serbia/Kosovo business interests in Europe is on record stating that Bamford needs to up his game now too as he's getting fitter.
    So I gave objective views,IMO,only for interest and balance - not to be chastised,grilled or divert a threads initial theme.Opinion was given by a friend foremost who happens to be a fan albeit with football experience gained at all levels that he was happy to pass on,likewise with other 'fans' who have occupied the famed number nine of Leeds United.
    I don't start many new Posts nowadays for 'reason of conflict' situations that may develop as above aptly demonstrates but I've tried to answer you in good faith.
    MOT
    You're actually impossible to communicate with. I asked a genuine and simple question in response to an interesting post you made, and all you've done is have a go about it as if there's some kind of conflict in there.

It's up to you whether or not you post, but if you do, surely you would expect there to be discussion on what you post, or should it just be that you are the oracle and asking for more information or clarification is in some way wrong.

Unbelievable.

And this is exactly why i spent most of last season not posting on here - so i guess you've done what you sarcastically accused other people do.

Glass houses. Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Set piece = Pablo & Douglas missing.
    Latest elite coach to Bielsa set up = Dean
    WTF = I contribute nothing to Leeds United,I'm a glory hunter,I'll always put negativity before positivity,I watch Leeds matches if I can using illegal streams,I lose Leeds Mad lots of posters and now I respond as Jez.
    Apart from that I note your question and suggest you read it again and put your hand in your pockets to help the club and support your team when digesting all facts.

MOT
    You sanctimonious tw4t!

I was following Leeds United (putting my hand in my pocket), before you were a drip on the end of your father's cock. I criticise where I think it's justified and praise the same (read my comments about Bamford, White Nketiah (even Casilla on occasion!) this season as an example). As someone with a PIP and little else as income, yes I'll watch via streams as I can't afford to put even more money in the pockets of the FA/EFL (because it's as sure as eggs are eggs that Leeds United get f00k all in comparison to the obscene amounts paid to PL club's, even though we command a larger worldwide audience than many of them, but you rick on and defend the likes if Sky and BT Sport if you will.).

As for losing posters from here, wtf do you think you're doing with your rambling, incoherent, missing-the-point in a disastrous attempt to sound intelligent, war and piece contribution on this thread?

You were asked direct, clear, concise questions given that you implied you had a contribution to make to the debate. Your response, as ever, failed to inform or enlighten, save to confirm just what a low opinion you have of everybody else and such an exalted opinion of yourself, well done.

Booom

Looks like its that time of the month.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Looks like its that time of the month.......
    I for one don't have a "time of the month", although others might😉

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I for one don't have a "time of the month", although others might��
    All month is your time of the month matey!

Well nothing changes on here, same people having the same squabbles, need to grow up and learn to agree to disagree, there are more much more important things in life.

On the thread topic, has noone seen Phillips deliveries this season, from corners free kicks, superb second to none most of the time, i am afraid its the not so simple task of getting on the end of them that is the problem, and because the quality of them are so good its nothing to do with height.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Well nothing changes on here, same people having the same squabbles, need to grow up and learn to agree to disagree, there are more much more important things in life.

On the thread topic, has noone seen Phillips deliveries this season, from corners free kicks, superb second to none most of the time, i am afraid its the not so simple task of getting on the end of them that is the problem, and because the quality of them are so good its nothing to do with height.
    If I knew what I was disagreeing with Pete, I would have said so, what I won't sit back and take (accuse me of being juvenile or not), is the sanctimonious holier-than-thou hifg-minded twaddle from she who considers herself superior to all others.

On the thread topic, if agree that Phillips (and occasionally Dallas and even less occasionally Harrison), do deliver, although Phillips from dead ball situations is stand-out. As said elsewhere in the thread though and your point, we don't get anyone in the end if them. Yes we lack some height and strength, but that can't explain away all the wasted opportunities (hence the query about a set-piece coach, which I know we have had before but not sure of what we have at present, if anyone).

We wint get promoted if we have to rely on all our goals coming from open play, were not that lucky/productive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)