+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams vs Boro Thread

Rams vs Boro Thread

Time to kick off what matters again!

Looks like 2 up top, maybe, with Martin and Marriott. Lets see how it goes, maybe we'll kick off a run?! Boro out of form, but always felt like a bogey team to me.

Tough game, but hopefully we take home the spoils.

Boro very like South Africa. Thuggish, sometimes lack creativity or watchability, but always likely to beat us

Sounded like a good win, just hope the injuries are minor

Cocu is driving us to safety

IF we somehow get a win next week it ain't actually been all that bad a season thus far from a points and position point of view. We might only be 2 points of the playoffs this time next week, and only 5 points off the top 2.... which would be absolutely mental considering the mess we are currently in off the field. Cocu deserves some praise for the way he's kept us away from the bottom 3, just look how we could have ended up ie Stoke and Boro.

Watch lose 3-0 again though

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39356175]Sounded like a good win, just hope the injuries are minor[/QUOTE

Adi we played well just shows play the players in the correct positions We've been crying out for Lawrence in behind the strikers Only one match though we've been here so many times Bielic looked like the player I knew he was today but my MoM goes to Clarke a great defensive display when called upon ,that's what wins you games .Easy to say Boro were poor ,but they don't concede many at all and if we had scored five it wouldn't have flattered us Mind you I was saying last week Hull were the poorest team I had seen against us this season, they go to Fulham today and score three

[QUOTE=mistaram;39356211]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Sounded like a good win, just hope the injuries are minor[/QUOTE

Adi we played well just shows play the players in the correct positions We've been crying out for Lawrence in behind the strikers Only one match though we've been here so many times Bielic looked like the player I knew he was today but my MoM goes to Clarke a great defensive display when called upon ,that's what wins you games .Easy to say Boro were poor ,but they don't concede many at all and if we had scored five it wouldn't have flattered us Mind you I was saying last week Hull were the poorest team I had seen against us this season, they go to Fulham today and score three
    Agree with that.
    Best performance of the season imo, which I didn’t see coming given the week we’ve had.

After screwing up big time Tom Lawrence can only pay the club and the fans back in one way...questions are...will we carry on using him in this role - I do hope so - and how bad is Bielik’s injury?

RA Bielics second injury was his knee the first his ankle he didn't want to come off he kept saying he was ok . But those knocks on the knee can sometimes turn out serious the next day ,fingers crossed he ok we don't need anymore bad look Lawrence nobody calls him more than me ,but I've always defended his talent if not his commitment ,,also always said out him central were you can't let the game pass you by . It worked today because Boro play three at the back and no wingers ,just pack the middle with five midfielders Might be a different ball game for us against wingers

That opening 5 minutes had me very worried. There was that brilliant last gasp Keoghesque block from Clarke, made necessary due to an appalling pass from Davies, That was not the only awful pass. I counted 5 in the opening 3 minutes. They were pressing us and I thought we might be on to a hammering.

Then the lads seemed to wake up. Clarke was colossal at the back. Shinnie ran the rule over midfield. Martin was providing the same old, same old that we all love. Holding the ball up, little flicks and knockdowns knitting play together and he actually got the kind of support he used to get from Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson. The roundest of round pegs in a similar hole.

Quite a few of us on here have been shouting for a front 2. Yesterday we got it and it looks like we were right. Keep this up, get the team used to it and we will have a decent season. Next weekend we can get within a point of the garibaldi canines who are, apparently, having a great season while we, and we all think so, have been mostly poor.

Our first was a great interchange between Martin and Lawrence, culminating in Lawro putting it away from 16 yards. Their keeper got his whole hand on it but couldn't stop it going in. Ur 2nd late on was another good interchange resulting in Lawro bursting into the box and burying it. A well deserved win.

The sending off? Not a red, it was very deep purple. Why they tried to change the refs mind is astonishing. They must have known how dark a red it was.

I hope all the knocks are better come next Saturday. Malone and Bielik both off injured. Shinnie carrying a knock because Martin had been subbed so we had used all 3 already. Marriott seemed to be carrying a leg as well..........

For long periods in the 2nd half the tempo of the ball circulation was too low and we allowed them to get back into formation. We can't afford to do that next week.

Roos - a couple of log kicks that didn't reach their intended target but possibly his best display of the season

Bogle - getting back to his best. Not there yet.

Davies - isn't a ball playing CH and we have to recognise that. So does he and Cocu and it needs working on.

Clarke - far and away his best game for us. Starting to show why BHA paid a lot for him

Malone - His best this season, shame he got injured but Lowe came on and we didn't miss Molly

Shinnie - Magic. Defended, attacked and broke play up like a good un

Bielik - Gave us the usual frowns holding on too long and then produced some wonderful play

Holmes - lively display but needs a run of starts to get back to his best

Marriott - proved the prefect perfect for Martin

Martin - Coldplay almost back to his best

Lawrence - A much improved performance but still short of his Huddersfield levels

I wasn't looking forward to next week's game. provided everybody is fit, I am now.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39356399]That opening 5 minutes had me very worried. There was that brilliant last gasp Keoghesque block from Clarke, made necessary due to an appalling pass from Davies, That was not the only awful pass. I counted 5 in the opening 3 minutes. They were pressing us and I thought we might be on to a hammering.

Then the lads seemed to wake up. Clarke was colossal at the back. Shinnie ran the rule over midfield. Martin was providing the same old, same old that we all love. Holding the ball up, little flicks and knockdowns knitting play together and he actually got the kind of support he used to get from Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson. The roundest of round pegs in a similar hole.

Quite a few of us on here have been shouting for a front 2. Yesterday we got it and it looks like we were right. Keep this up, get the team used to it and we will have a decent season. Next weekend we can get within a point of the garibaldi canines who are, apparently, having a great season while we, and we all think so, have been mostly poor.

Our first was a great interchange between Martin and Lawrence, culminating in Lawro putting it away from 16 yards. Their keeper got his whole hand on it but couldn't stop it going in. Ur 2nd late on was another good interchange resulting in Lawro bursting into the box and burying it. A well deserved win.

The sending off? Not a red, it was very deep purple. Why they tried to change the refs mind is astonishing. They must have known how dark a red it was.

I hope all the knocks are better come next Saturday. Malone and Bielik both off injured. Shinnie carrying a knock because Martin had been subbed so we had used all 3 already. Marriott seemed to be carrying a leg as well..........

For long periods in the 2nd half the tempo of the ball circulation was too low and we allowed them to get back into formation. We can't afford to do that next week.

Roos - a couple of log kicks that didn't reach their intended target but possibly his best display of the season

Bogle - getting back to his best. Not there yet.

Davies - isn't a ball playing CH and we have to recognise that. So does he and Cocu and it needs working on.

Clarke - far and away his best game for us. Starting to show why BHA paid a lot for him

Malone - His best this season, shame he got injured but Lowe came on and we didn't miss Molly

Shinnie - Magic. Defended, attacked and broke play up like a good un

Bielik - Gave us the usual frowns holding on too long and then produced some wonderful play

Holmes - lively display but needs a run of starts to get back to his best

Marriott - proved the prefect perfect for Martin

Martin - Coldplay almost back to his best

Lawrence - A much improved performance but still short of his Huddersfield levels

I wasn't looking forward to next week's game. provided everybody is fit, I am now.[/QUO

MA not a red you sure ,studs up lunge out of control

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

MA not a red you sure ,studs up lunge out of control
    mista, the entire sentence was "Not a red, it was very deep purple." Intended to mean it was very much a red..... obviously you didn't read it that way.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)