+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leeds(away)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Hope you're right Champs.
    I'll go with a 1-0 loss
    Who knows eh? They are a decent side, especially at home. Just had a feeling after last week we may've turned the corner.

You can watch the match live for a fiver on LUTV

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    You can watch the match live for a fiver on LUTV
    Overseas only..

Well done Aucks

Sax I'm in north Yorkshire but watched it, you just use a vpn

Not a bad performance, really. Leeds showed greater confidence, as you'd expect from the top team, but there wasn't a huge gulf in class or ability.
    We don't very often seem to be getting the surprise factor from Dack that we got used to for several seasons.
    Perhaps we should have gone for broke, and put Rothwell on instead of Evans. Who knows?
    Bottom line, though, I have to agree with Mowbray. That was a very soft penalty. Seriously, you see more contact than that at every corner-kick! Referees surely need to ask themselves this question sometimes: "Would the player have gone down with that level of contact OUTSIDE the area?" On top of that, the Leeds guy had already lost control of the ball, anyway. He just stood there and let Tosin bump his knee.
    Once they were in front, I never really thought we could get it back. To be fair, though, their second goal was just about the only time we were caught out all afternoon by a long pass down the middle. Typical they should score from it!
    Some of our forwards would do well to study the way Williams attacked the ball for our goal.

Never a penalty.
    A great performance IF you consider not one of our players would get in their team.
    Time to stop depending on Dack. If he doesn't score he's pointless.
    Jordan Rhodes anyone?

Just don't know, Seventwo.
    If JR scored in the first game, he might go on to get a dozen. If not, you end up with the possibility of another Kevin Davies.
    Leeds never gave Gallagher a sniff...and they let Armstrong hang about in non-threatening positions (which he's good at!). Dack tried to beat every man who challenged him (and usually failed).
    There are nine games between now and the end of the year. I would say TM needs a minimum of 15 points from those matches to save his job. If we lose to Barnsley, it would probably hasten the end.
    I'm not one of those, though, who believe that a change would automatically do the trick. History shows that it's 50/50 at best.

I do think we need to beat Barnsley. As every week the sides at the bottom are making ground. All the sides (,now including Stoke who now have a decent manager) are making ground on us pretty much every week.
    Stoke, Huddersfield, Reading, Millwall have all benefited hugely from making a managerial change. I still think Boro will get rid of Woodgate soon, so most of the decent managers will be taken.
    They could be another making ground on us very soon.
    We did yesterday what was expected, we went and lost. For us, this league where anyone can beat anyone doesn't really apply.
    We set up in a way we where going to lose this 10 times out of 10. Very nieve.

And the pen was soft. I agree. We give a soft pen away nearly every week. If not that, we give a soft goal away. It evens up, we got incredibly lucky last week and managed to win a game for the first time in months. But that was just one fluke in isolation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)