+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds(away)predictions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Leeds(away)predictions

Away at elland road is never easy,especially against a team who are doing well.
    Going into a international break is also another reason to expect a loss.
    Enjoy today's win as I cant see us winning next weekend.
    3-1 loss

1-1

Probably the most difficult fixture of the season.
    I can't see much prospect of a good result, but I think the performance will tell us a lot.
    The reaction at the end of the game on Saturday put to bed this nonsense that Mowbray has "lost the dressing-room", but the players have to come out fighting against Leeds.
    2-1 loss for Rovers. Sorry to be pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Probably the most difficult fixture of the season.
    I can't see much prospect of a good result, but I think the performance will tell us a lot.
    The reaction at the end of the game on Saturday put to bed this nonsense that Mowbray has "lost the dressing-room", but the players have to come out fighting against Leeds.
    2-1 loss for Rovers. Sorry to be pessimistic.
    I don't think it's pessimistic Aucks. Its a big ask on current form for us to govawayto Leeds (never an easy place to go) and get a result. Other than Birmingham we have actually been playing well. Just we weren't getting any kind of a break. Sometimes all you need is that break. We know that there is so little to choose between teams in this league. It's mostly fine margins that separate us.
    I'm just hoping maybe that bit of luck gives us a bit of confidence. At least we are going into this game with a bit. I personally don't fear Leeds at all. They are nothing special, and if we get at them and defend well, we stand half a chance.
    I do agree, talk of TM losing the dressing room was unfair and incorrect. We have been playing ok in most games.
    I do see this team getting stronger over the season. Once Nyambe is back at RB and Lenihan is playing, get Williams at LB. And Holtby fitter, we will push on.
    Re Williams. I don't like it wen a pro feels like he should be playing in a certain position. It bothers me. Williams isn't good enough for CB. He's too weak. Not bad cover, but not the answer. I'd actually rather play Nyambe. Who is quicker, and can get back faster.

Champs and Robin - slightly off-topic - do you think Bell will go in January, if we get Cunningham back?
    It's hard to see a place for him, because he's rarely lived up to his early promise.
    I can't even see him making it as a wing-back now, because I suspect Rankin-Costello will be a regular on the left side of midfield by midway through next season.
    In addition, we have Hart as potential left-back, and this lad Thompson is supposed to be pretty good too - not to mention emergency cover in Williams and Bennett.

Yes
    I am afraid bell has probably played his last game for us(watch him line up v leeds)he is not good enough at this level and I can see tony mowbray persisting with Bennett,especially with nyambe pretty much making the right back slot his own.

Completely off-topic.
    Have a look at the picture above the report of the U-23 game on the official site, headlined "A game of two halves".

What the hell are they all looking at?
    Is it a "Spot-the Ball" competition?

Last time I saw him play, it spoke volumes.
    I feel he is so harshly treated by fans.
    The same ones will tell me Downing is a great player and creates loads of chances. Yet his set pieces are woefully poor, all of them. And he takes way too many touches, and always makes the safe pas sideways. Then they tell me Bell isn't a footballer.
    I got told that about Nyambe, but right now he is probably one of our best defenders. Much better than Bennett.
    People writing Bell off confuse the hell out of me tbh.
    I saw him play vrs PNE. He gets forward better than any full back in the club. He has a question mark over his defending, but so do all our defenders. Bennett gives the ball away on a good day. And gives pens away every week almost. And he walks into this team?!!!! Bell had a great first half at Preston. And was causing their winger so many problems. He was having to come back and mark Bell. Then inexplicably Mowbray swapped Rothwell and Armstrong round. So Armstrong was in front of Bell. Armstrong leaves his full back high and dry.
    So Bell got completey isolated second half, and we lost the game.
    That was Mowbray, that was Armstrong. Not Bell!!!
    Yet people just decide Bell is solely at fault.
    He was exposed badly.
    If I was going to play Bennett, or Downing it would only be the odd game in 4 or 5 they start. They should be there to provide cover to the young full-backs, if we are under the kosh. Like second half at PNE.
    I am at a loss as to why Bell is being written off and blamed. Especially when we have performers like Bennett who cost us badly most weeks, yet play the next match regardless of form.
    This is a young kid, who needs time to develop. I feel he has been massively sent down the river by his manager, and still has plenty to offer.

😂😂😂just looked.
    I just cant figure out what they are looking at apart from a bit of mud.

Personally, I didn't think Cunningham was any better or worse.
    He didn't sure things up, and it meant we had to keep Williams at CB, which addressed none of the problems we have in defence. Cunningham was an odd signing. We desperately needed a CB, not a LB.

It's nice that Williams fancies himself at CB, but that doesn't mean he is good enough. I cant actually believe we where weak enough, as a professional football club to go with this notion. We lost 11 goals a season (from Mulgrew) due to this odd decision. And signed a LB?? When we already had 3.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)