+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Fishal Coonty away 9th Nov Thread and all that roll call pesh

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Was good atmosphere yesterday at Dingwall, probably helped by most folk being well oiled before hand, The Mallard was mayhem and the three hour discussion (argument) on the way home was hilarious. Some great banter, that kept me amused whilst driving
    It did sound quite boisterous. Dingwall is probably my second favourite away day, not quite sure why but it always seems to be a decent day out.

Looking forward to hearts away over the festive period.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye, and we had a discussion a couple of weeks ago that basically meant fans should sit in silence because some kids didn’t like noise.

Fair enough, family stands etc.
    But noise, flairs, smoke = atmosphere

Without atmosphere then fitba is dead.
    Agree with that. The going most weeks football fan has changed nowadays and the atmosphere has been affected because of it. It’s definitely less entertaining most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Agree with that. The going most weeks football fan has changed nowadays and the atmosphere has been affected because of it. It’s definitely less entertaining most weeks.
    The problem with Pittodrie is everyone is scattered around the ground, there is no focal point for fans to congregate, where as, away days, we are all in together , pished, sober, happy clapper, Milne hater etc. Away days are far better

Nail on head

Aye, and we had a discussion a couple of weeks ago that basically meant fans should sit in silence because some kids didn’t like noise.

Fair enough, family stands etc.
    But noise, flairs, smoke = atmosphere

I caught some football fans discussion show on the telly And there was a section on some kids creating an atmosphere at Dumbarton.
    Nae a flare in sight.
    They did mention some of the more elderly supporters in the section weren’t enamoured with the young loons making a racket but it was growing on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Was good atmosphere yesterday at Dingwall, probably helped by most folk being well oiled before hand, The Mallard was mayhem and the three hour discussion (argument) on the way home was hilarious. Some great banter, that kept me amused whilst driving
    I got off the train from the north just before midday and went into the Mallard.
    At past games it's still been relatively quiet at that time.
    Saturday it was already pretty bouncy.

Our crew decamped to the Henhouse.
    It's an Uber low-rent place but easier to get served.

The atmosphere in the ground was great and it was a decent performance, we were comfortable from pretty much start to finish.

As to flares, I've nae strong view one way or t'other.
    The best way to get an atmosphere is get a'body well peeved pre match.

Even Fort William have a young team now, 20 - 30 young lads making a racket and letting off flares.

Game against Albion Rovers (Scottish cup) was funny, they were told to leave their normal bit in stand and behave, so they walked round side of pitch, through a hole in a fence and stood just outside the ground and carried on. Drum, smoke bomb and a mega phone, Was a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nail on head
    A flare doesn't create atmosphere though.
    Its the modern neanderthal equivalent of "oh look, shiny thing"

Atmosphere is definitely better away from home than at home, partly down to what someone else mentioned that most are well lubricated and packed in together but also because there is a competitive thought that we can out sing the home support and try to take away the "home game" advantage.

Its easy to start songs at Pittodrie, but can be stifled if there is lethargy on the pitch, similarly a robust challenge on the pitch can rouse the support into action. Just make sure if you're at Pittodrie to join in and not sit on your hands, then you know in yourself whether you are adding to the atmosphere or not.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Of course flairs help create atmosphere, not on their own but it's a major part of it.

The main reason our home support creates a pitiful atmosphere is because the powers that be at Pittodrie have stamped on any attempt to create an atmosphere for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They did mention some of the more elderly supporters in the section weren’t enamoured with the young loons making a racket.

I was at a Fradi game towards the end of last season, at one point during the game the supporters behind the goal raised the tempo and the flares and smoke bombs went balistic.
    The game had to be stopped as the smoke bellowed across the pitch.

I'm sitting near the halfway line in the equivalent of the South Stand, and as the smoke began to clear everyone around me stood up to applaud the fans behind the goal.

A bit different from the moaning that would have went on in our own South Stand.

I know what I prefer and I also know what kids would prefer to be watching (not in amongst it but watching it)
    I know that as a kid I would have been watching that and be desperate to be old enough to join in.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast