+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Duke

Red Duke

It was Steve's birthday yesterday. Thanks mate, miss your updates in the Late Shift x
    Last edited by sota; 03-11-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    It was Steve's birthday yesterday. Thanks mate, miss your updates in the Late Shift x
    legend and a gent

What a guy! The Matchthread that he ran got me hooked back into The Millers.

Hugely missed.

I went to his funeral.
    Can't remember where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I went to his funeral.
    Can't remember where it was.
    Somewhere in Lincolnshire if I remember correctly.
    Due to one of the idiosyncrasies of facebook we are still facebook friends and every year he gets a number of happy birthday messages which says a lot for his character.

Yes I used to love trying to find the face in the crowd prior to his match thread (Clive Mendonca?) ha-ha.
    I also remember after his passing, googling the church where his funeral was going to take place and finding "Red Duke" on the streetview maps while he'd been out walking his dog. It was a bit eerie but his wife thanked me for pointing it out on here so she could take a look, and hopefully save the images. R.I.P. and a belated birthday wish to the Duke. Sadly missed. xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    thanks for pointing this out, Sota. It's good that we remember the legend that was Red Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Yes I used to love trying to find the face in the crowd prior to his match thread (Clive Mendonca?) ha-ha.
    I also remember after his passing, googling the church where his funeral was going to take place and finding "Red Duke" on the streetview maps while he'd been out walking his dog. It was a bit eerie but his wife thanked me for pointing it out on here so she could take a look, and hopefully save the images. R.I.P. and a belated birthday wish to the Duke. Sadly missed. xxxx
    It may be seen as a bit sad but each time I see someone on Google maps I think of that frame you posted. Duke in his leather waste coat walking past the cemetery he was due to be laid to rest.

Proper gent and a real nice guy9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast