+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson

Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson

Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson as they look to appoint him as their new manager, Football Insider understands.

The SPL club have set their sights on the 44-year-old to replace sacked Craig Levein and are ready to pay the £120,000 compensation needed to prise hm from Fir Park.

A Tynecastle source has told Football Insider that Robinson is the number one target to replace Levein and the club are ready to immediately activate the release clause in his Motherwell deal.

MORE...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...for-44-yr-old/

Stopped reading at the “SPL minnows”...
    Hope he stays. He was not my first choice when he was appointed but have to admit he has done well.

"SPL minnows" ........ Cheeky Ba5t#rds.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    Hearts are making an official approach to Motherwell for Stephen Robinson as they look to appoint him as their new manager, Football Insider understands.

A Tynecastle source has told Football Insider that Robinson is the number one target to replace Levein and the club are ready to immediately activate the release clause in his Motherwell deal.
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...for-44-yr-old/
    Does MFC have any say in the matter?

If Hearts meet his release conditions then he's entitled to go. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91 View Post
    "SPL minnows" ........ Cheeky Ba5t#rds.
    In fairness it probably doesn't help when many of our own support also see us as minnows and not only that are quite happy to see us as minnows.

"We're punching way above our weight" anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    In fairness it probably doesn't help when many of our own support also see us as minnows and not only that are quite happy to see us as minnows.

"We're punching way above our weight" anyone?
    I think the percentage of our support who see us as (relative) minnows is probably exactly the same as that who think we're a (relatively) big club tbf. 90 percent see us as somewhat middling in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I think the percentage of our support who see us as (relative) minnows is probably exactly the same as that who think we're a (relatively) big club tbf. 90 percent see us as somewhat middling in my experience.
    Don't think I'd agree with that tbh. I've rarely came across Motherwell fans who would describe us as a 'big club' whether relatively or otherwise but frequently encountered those who refer to us as "oor wee team/club" and "ach we're only Motherwell, we live in a toon where thousands get on buses every week to support the old firm" and the obligatory "we're punching well above our weight, so we can't complain, we aren't Barcelona after all".

Each to their own experience obviously but "can't complain"? The number of people lobbing toys out the pram on here and the other places when things go badly has never tied in with the 'we're not Barcelona' thing to me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)