+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 wins by Xmas needed

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Very interesting and vacuous comment that

“Success" and "Newcastle" are words we haven't seen for an eternity (1955) and definitely wont be seeing for a very prolonged period either
    But I'm not deluded...

I'm not saying we are going to finish in the top 6...because that would be ridiculous...I'd take 17th now...which is what you need to aim for!

Surely happy

Your doing ok, your certainly not a top six side like a poster has just posted but going well. You have a good manager who took time to shake hands with all Wolves youngsters last week. Its time to show the Londoners we can play, good luck thou I don't think you will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I don't think there are a more deluded set of fans...
    Deluded???? Blimey all we want this season is to stay up. In our 2nd season (like yourselves are now) we’d be hoping for mid table, 3rd season? Stability.

It’s called hope, the hope that kills all footy fans. Every fan hopes for the best, that’s why we keep following a bunch of overpaid gobsh1tes who wear our favourite club’s shirts. The same gobsh1tes, who, if they’re any good, will be wearing someone else's favourite shirt next season.

Some, like you, brand us deluded. Deluded for dreaming for the glories past. I know deep down that it probably will never happen again, but I hope, beyond hope, for some sort of minor glory at least. Be it a League cup one day or qualifying for Europe.

What former glory do you hope for Geordie? What makes you still follow your team? Why do you follow your club? Former winners of noththing. A club only recognised for being shat on by some cockney wide boy after a quick buck.

Hope or delusion?

Hope, squire, pure unadulterated hope. That's why we do it.

He follows newcastle because there's nout else to do in that very large council estate. The only club in the city / town or toon!
    A local Derby with a club from a different city. Deluded or just dreamers you decide but fickle? These guys take that award. Sak da bord sak da bord, do we wait to hear this on their next defeat? Which of course will be against us. They never learn. Coming on here giving it the big'n. Probably didn't realise the next fixture.
    Give it the big'n IF, you win but sadly or gladly, he will never be heard of again and will disapear once defeated, they are definetly one team we do not fear. I know whats not deluded and thats us, weve had too much crap in the last 10 years to ever brag or boast without credance but I also know we have a fight on our hands to stay up and so will they and they know it well, the real fans that is and not just a random keyboard warrior who's on the come down as his stock of Newcie brown has run out...!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    He follows newcastle because there's nout else to do in that very large council estate. The only club in the city / town or toon!
    A local Derby with a club from a different city. Deluded or just dreamers you decide but fickle? These guys take that award. Sak da bord sak da bord, do we wait to hear this on their next defeat? Which of course will be against us. They never learn. Coming on here giving it the big'n. Probably didn't realise the next fixture.
    Give it the big'n IF, you win but sadly or gladly, he will never be heard of again and will disapear once defeated, they are definetly one team we do not fear. I know whats not deluded and thats us, weve had too much crap in the last 10 years to ever brag or boast without credance but I also know we have a fight on our hands to stay up and so will they and they know it well, the real fans that is and not just a random keyboard warrior who's on the come down as his stock of Newcie brown has run out...!!
    You're a sensitive one...

I have in no way acted like a "keyboard warrior!" Perhaps you should look up what it means?

Fickle? No, I've wanted Ashley out since his second season and that hasn't changed since, win lose or draw..

You don't seem to be disproving my deluded statement...

Could you beat us? Of course, we've been terrible for over half the games this season...but should you really be that confident?

I don't intend to hang around your board...but I will check in after the match no matter what the score.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I don't think there are a more deluded set of fans...
    The same fans that crowned them selves king of the Midlands the same season Leicester won the league.

Dont mind anyone from another club coming on here as long as there brain is alyso part of the package but what else do you expect when your opening remit is to call us Deluded? We are all suggesting survival being a major triumph not suggesting we will be triumphant. There is a massive difference.
    Please come on here Mr shearer and let's have a chat After the match, win lose or draw.

Exactly Dave. No point making comments like that and then play the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I've got us finishing with between 38 and 48 points.

I think Watford are gone, they need more than a point a game, as do Norwich to finish on 32 and 34 points respectively.

We have a period in December where we play Sheff utd, Watford, Burnley, Norwich and Southampton. To get 12 or more points from those games is doable and would be a huge boost.

Villa are a midtable team and any critism about shutting up shop goes directly against the idea that if you do that you draw pressure on yourself. You've got to remember we just went toe to toe with the current European champions and me rly got a win. Liverpool are certain to win the PL this year because they do now what man u always used to do. Get wins when they perhaps shouldn't.

Finishing with " between 38 and 48 points". Given that you've got 11 points from 12 games if you perform in a similar manner for the rest of the season you'll end up with around 33-35 points. Given that Cardiff were relegated with 34 points last season it's going to be touch and go. Doesn't seem particularly " mid table" to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Finishing with " between 38 and 48 points". Given that you've got 11 points from 12 games if you perform in a similar manner for the rest of the season you'll end up with around 33-35 points. Given that Cardiff were relegated with 34 points last season it's going to be touch and go. Doesn't seem particularly " mid table" to me
    OK, I'll be specific. I've got us finishing on 41 points and not relegated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)