+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 wins by Xmas needed

3 wins by Xmas needed

9 pts from 3 wins is all we need and at the same time all we can hope for!
    Newcastle
    Norwich
    Southampton
    All at home, any draws on top will be a bonus. Ive always said 20 pts by Xmas and we will be ok.
    Some surgery up front is needed in January. Wes may come good but we cannot rely on him as it is obvious he is struggling to fit in.

Thoughts....

I understand the consern. Avoiding relegation is not something we should take for granted. However we have just played two top European teams on the bounce and I expect us to get enough points off the rest. We're improving week by week.
    I do agree we need the points Dave. Last thing we need is an implosion lithe the twin towers.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Last thing we need is an implosion lithe the twin towers.
    Or as Henry Ford remarked, 'if you asked people what they wanted, they'd say faster horses'

If you look at the fixture list, its hard to see where the next win is coming from apart from the ones mentioned!
    Its not panic and we were seconds away from a great result yesterday again though, does Smith actually know how to stifle a game, shut up shop etc it was said from one commentator, villa need to take both wingers off and bring on the other fullbacks and double up and frustrate Liverpool.
    Maybe but me thinks it will be 3 on the spin come the wolves, the weekend.
    On a personal note, i borded my plane to Chicago with us winning with 5 mins to go. I said to myself, i bet when i put my phone back on we will have lost 2-1 and you know what, its not nice being wrong but sometimes even worse when your right!

I've got us finishing with between 38 and 48 points.

I think Watford are gone, they need more than a point a game, as do Norwich to finish on 32 and 34 points respectively.

We have a period in December where we play Sheff utd, Watford, Burnley, Norwich and Southampton. To get 12 or more points from those games is doable and would be a huge boost.

Villa are a midtable team and any critism about shutting up shop goes directly against the idea that if you do that you draw pressure on yourself. You've got to remember we just went toe to toe with the current European champions and me rly got a win. Liverpool are certain to win the PL this year because they do now what man u always used to do. Get wins when they perhaps shouldn't.

Not sure you can call 24% possession toe to toe but I get the point and the team worked very hard which if they continue to do will get us far enough away from danger. Wolves had a good go against Arsenal and could have took all 3 points so it will hard to get anything there but I do think we can get results against the likes of Utd as well as those in the bottom half.

DS teams do better in the 2nd half of a season and if the big boys are back up with fixtures due to success in the CL & Cups then an upset or two is on the cards. Great to put a performance in without Jack

we are potentially a top six side, with a a lot of young men learning how to compete at this level, and they are learning very quickly. I'm not bothered by the fixture list, we have to play everyone twice at some point. We will be fine, from what I've seen we are as good if not better than at least ten of the other teams.So let's just chill and enjoy, Villa Park is fast becoming the place where all teams fear to come.

Spot on Mondaze

Not sure what you guys are smoking but can I have some. No im not panicking just concerned we will get sucked in to the bottom 3 by xmas!
    I really wish our luck would change. So are you guys confident about the wolves game?
    Lets have a 1-0 win courtacy of a VAR penalty in the 98th minute......please

Points between now and 12 January...

1 v Wolves
    3 against Newcastle, Norwich, Southampton, Burnley, Sheff utd, and Watford

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)