+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 down, 24 to go, onto the Derby at Dens

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Some utter sh1te being written on DBF about how great their players are compared to ours. Some unbelievable stuff, so c'mon United let's do our talking on the pitch.
    That same shyte was posted before the last derby mate and that as the say in the shipping lanes of Scotland is a FACT.

Stoke these took the biscuit in particular

First of all cobra with some comedy....
    I hope our players are ready to go to war in this one. Get in their faces. Noise them up. Get one of our forwards to clatter Shankland in the first minute. Whisper "Dirty Arab b*****d" in their ear before corners are taken. Make them wish they stayed across the street.

Then CW 90+3 who obviously has missed many many derbies with this deetarded belter
    Their fans have never once come close to matching ours in the derby in all the years I've been going.
    Donny-0 backs up the deelusion with this (FAF!! )
    Agreed that is one thing we have never lost in the 47 years ive followed Dundee -Our fans have always been way ahead in terms of fanatical support!!! Holding up wee bits of coloured card might look good in the San Siro but not at the LEGOLAND Stadium or on the Shanks,-Just gimmicks!!

That said I will be digging out my flag for Friday!!!

Suppose when you have been second fiddle and in the shadow on the park for decades then you comfort yourself with these things but unfortunately for them they ain't got the better support either, bless

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Stoke these took the biscuit in particular

First of all cobra with some comedy....

Then CW 90+3 who obviously has missed many many derbies with this deetarded belter

Donny-0 backs up the deelusion with this (FAF!! )

Suppose when you have been second fiddle and in the shadow on the park for decades then you comfort yourself with these things but unfortunately for them they ain't got the better support either, bless
    To Cobra and his fellow DEES,please,please,please call them,its 832555 and may God be with you.

I’m slightly worried about Friday. Just hope we don’t underestimate the importance of the derby after bit of a high against ICT.

The funsters have probably improved since last time. Need to deliver another decisive performance and win 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m slightly worried about Friday. Just hope we don’t underestimate the importance of the derby after bit of a high against ICT.

The funsters have probably improved since last time. Need to deliver another decisive performance and win ��
    I understand your concern's,the only time i was never apprehensive about a derby match was in the 80's when it actually got boring beating them.It was great when DFC actually gave us a decent test but it did not happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

The funsters have probably improved since last time. Need to deliver another decisive performance and win 🤞

If you think you are worried you should read of the funs board, coming up with all sorts to ease the worries

Derbies are nervy by nature, more as you hate to lose them so the thought of it going wrong causes a bit of apprehension

Otherwise feeling very relaxed, more pressure on them given the pts difference and the fact we play next week at home, they don't have a game for a fortnight after.

Don't feel any different to most derbies if I'm honest, pressure is on both teams really as a few teams in the hunt at the top. Hopefully we turn up this time and the officials don't pheck up like last game.
    Looking forward to a home Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Don't feel any different to most derbies if I'm honest, pressure is on both teams really as a few teams in the hunt at the top. Hopefully we turn up this time and the officials don't pheck up like last game.
    Looking forward to a home Derby.
    Strangely calm here. If our lads perform at the levels we know we can, we'll get the 3 points. Very laid back media from the manager and players this week, hope he's got them wound up ready from the off.

C'mon United, 6 (six) please

Good result. How was it guys? I'm away just now and gutted wasnt there. Sounds from radio and descriptions like we had them at arms length for the whole game.

This Shankland/Clark combo is definitely pleasing! Ashgar should be on the blower to Clark's agent tomorrow would be happy to see us extend that contract.

Fantastic result and performance

Cannot underestimate how well we competed there.

A lot of heroes but Shanks and Butcher are different class

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)