+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 down, 24 to go, onto the Derby at Dens

12 down, 24 to go, onto the Derby at Dens

So a third of the season gone and we have done well and go into this game in good shape as do the fun

As I said in the other fun Morton thread, for me there is more pressure on them this time, we have the gap (despite then notching some wins), we've beat them already, their fans are now getting hopes up again so are expecting a performance to make up for the mauling in August... we'll probably be top regardless of result and they don't play for two weeks after the derby (on the 23rd away to Inverness) due to ICT's challenge cup fixture, while we are at home to QOTS on the 16th

So worst case if we lose, we are 3pts ahead of them with the chance to go 6 ahead again before they next play, Draw and we are 6 ahead with chance to go 9 ahead before they next play, or better still win we are 9 ahead with chance to go 12 ahead before they next play

Either way it's a good position to be in going into this one, should be another cracking Friday atmosphere, looking forward to it

Think Robbie has a conundrum with how to go if Brown and/or Connolly are available, Watson done well but Dundee forwards are a bit more dynamic than White of ICT so it's a tough call, however would be unfair to drop him so I'd go

Seigrist
    Smith Watson Reynolds Robson
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Clark Appere
    Shankland

Subs; Deniz Connolly Stanton Sporle Chalmers C Smith Mochrie

3-1/3-0 United

2-2 i reckon, defo be goals in it

Dont know what to think as im sure you have said in the past to take one game at a time! A bit of what-iffery as well.

Agree with your team, but 4-4-2 please, and as much as i think that RN will tinker, i really hope he considers the long term availability of Connolly rather the dig we may need for this game.

In a derby, i think its foolhardy to totally discount the fun!

I agree that there is more pressure on them. Without a doubt this is a HUGE game for them. They can stay in touch (win or draw) or they can fall behind by a considerable margin (United win).

I rekon that this will work in our favour.

Don't give them any time on the ball, even in their own back third, get at them from the off. Dorrans has improved them somewhat, but they are still a fragile side. You could argue that we are fragile too. But, I rekon when it comes to big games like this, we have an edge on them.

I hope I'm right. I'm predicting a win for us.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    So a third of the season gone and we have done well and go into this game in good shape as do the fun

As I said in the other fun Morton thread, for me there is more pressure on them this time, we have the gap (despite then notching some wins), we've beat them already, their fans are now getting hopes up again so are expecting a performance to make up for the mauling in August... we'll probably be top regardless of result and they don't play for two weeks after the derby (on the 23rd away to Inverness) due to ICT's challenge cup fixture, while we are at home to QOTS on the 16th

So worst case if we lose, we are 3pts ahead of them with the chance to go 6 ahead again before they next play, Draw and we are 6 ahead with chance to go 9 ahead before they next play, or better still win we are 9 ahead with chance to go 12 ahead before they next play

Either way it's a good position to be in going into this one, should be another cracking Friday atmosphere, looking forward to it

Think Robbie has a conundrum with how to go if Brown and/or Connolly are available, Watson done well but Dundee forwards are a bit more dynamic than White of ICT so it's a tough call, however would be unfair to drop him so I'd go

Seigrist
    Smith Watson Reynolds Robson
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Clark Appere
    Shankland

Subs; Deniz Connolly Stanton Sporle Chalmers C Smith Mochrie

3-1/3-0 United
    Totally agree with that team selection. Hopefully Clark and Shanks up top ,and maybe Clark and Appere switching now and again just to mix things up and see who follows who in the marking department for the Fun. Press Dorrans and keep clipping the ankles of YKW, he likes a turn , so ankles it is then And.... he doesn't look fully fit yet stamina ways,and a possible red for dummy spitting . Looking forward to it .

There is no doubt that Dorrans has made a difference to the Dees but from what i have seen they are over reliant on him.To win this derby it is imperative for either side to put their opponents on the defensive because in my opinion that is the achilles heel of both teams.
    We can point to the 6-2 hammering we handed out in August but they could equally point out that on the road we have been somewhat inconsistent.I think United can win this game but most Dees on the back of 3 wins in a row will think the same i will therefore go for a 4-2 victory for United given most of them know SFA about football.

United end sold out. With the Funster end likely BOGOF’d out by k.o., should be a cracking atmosphere come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    United end sold out. With the Funster end likely BOGOF’d out by k.o., should be a cracking atmosphere come Friday.
    Does BOGOF'd mean Bring Old Granny Out For derby?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Does BOGOF'd mean Bring Old Granny Out For derby?.
    Nah, Granny only gets brought oot to sing aboot Billy Steel roond the Xmas turkey.

Some utter sh1te being written on DBF about how great their players are compared to ours. Some unbelievable stuff, so c'mon United let's do our talking on the pitch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)