+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Var

Yesterday I went to Villa v Liverpool and witnessed VAR for the first time live.
    Unless they drastically change how the technology is used it will ruin the live game. It’s an absolute farce. You have no idea what’s happening and it takes an age, killing the atmosphere in the process.
    And when all is said and done the game now seems to have more controversy and questionable decisions than before!
    I’ll stick with god awful Non league refereeing thanks!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.

I remember saying when VAR was first talked of that I'm glad my time of watching football will be done without it, even if it means suffering injustice like the Coventry playoff games. It's an opinion I still hold.

I wasn’t against it in theory but the way it’s been implemented is farcical.

Even more of a farce Everton v Spurs, why has not one ref yet gone to the pitchside screen.

It would be more defensible if the examples of other sports weren't already so superior (tennis, cricket, rugby league, rugby union). It seems that the football authorities have gone out of their way to ignore established good practise so as to come up with their own, cr*p, way of doing things. Are we surprised? Hardly.

Other sports seem to use it in a very simplistic but effective way.
    Football seems to have complicated the rules so much that VAR is impossible.
    I was reading the reason why Firmino’s goal was disallowed. It was a 10 minute read basically saying VAR calculates offside from estimating the centre of gravity of both players. They took so long because they were debating where the centre of gravity was as Mings was obstructing the view.
    Totally ridiculous. He was level, you can see he’s level. The same you could see that Alli clearly handled the ball yesterday.

VAR will kill the game

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    VAR will kill the game
    It has become a farce and has to be either changed to a better system or scrapped.

I suppose the point is that VAR will eventually be accepted internationally so home players need to get used to it. The problem is that it has replaced the ref as a decision maker rather than being there when the ref is unsighted or uncertain.
    That said, I hate the bloody thing. Totally ruins the flow.

Would agree with all comments but would accept VAR purely for the odd dispute regarding a ball being over the goal line.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast