+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: QOS v AYR UTD

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Dobbie wasn't limping off at the end he just felt a twinge on his back. Sure he will be fine, He dug in today didn't score but offered so much more to the team. He is a great captain for the club, at the end of the game he jogged over to a child in the portland Road end to give them his top. Top man��
    That is certainly reassuring news that his injury is not the hamstring again. His trickery and in particular his passing led to all three goals against Ayr and even if he is misfiring to an extent at the moment his contribution is simply invaluable. I wonder if we do get another year or two out of him he will end up playing slightly deeper to fully utilise his football skills and brain when the legs are no longer functioning to their full potential.

Yes Spike may not be scoring for fun like last season but his superb skill on Saturday was a joy to watch especially his link - up
    play with Murray and Oliver and as you say he was heavily involved in all three goals. Also happy that chip on the shoulder
    Doonhamer Muirhead couldn't get near him apart from pushing Dobs into the hoarding.

Stephen has already stated he would like to extend his playing career at Queens for another season, hopefully the board react and he gets his wish, as others have said I wouldn't be against him dropping even deeper into our midfield next season with the vision, skill and passing ability he has he would certainly create lots of chances for the strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes Spike may not be scoring for fun like last season but his superb skill on Saturday was a joy to watch especially his link - up
    play with Murray and Oliver and as you say he was heavily involved in all three goals. Also happy that chip on the shoulder
    Doonhamer Muirhead couldn't get near him apart from pushing Dobs into the hoarding.
    I’m glad someone else has mentioned Mr Muirhead. The lad is a first class loser with a severe attitude problem and a major chip on his shoulder when it comes to Queens. He is his own worse enemy and brings everything on himself. His shove on Dobbie just made Dobs angrier and he upped his game after that. Sir Stephen had him spinning in circles for the 3rd goal. Absolutely fantastic to see Muirhead’s face at the end. Straight down the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand really sums him up.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I’m glad someone else has mentioned Mr Muirhead. The lad is a first class loser with a severe attitude problem and a major chip on his shoulder when it comes to Queens. He is his own worse enemy and brings everything on himself. His shove on Dobbie just made Dobs angrier and he upped his game after that. Sir Stephen had him spinning in circles for the 3rd goal. Absolutely fantastic to see Muirhead’s face at the end. Straight down the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand really sums him up.
    He’s been the same since 5 years old!
    Seems not a lot has changed.

I certainly was unaware of such behaviour at the time even though I was in the new stand not too far away from the Ayr supporters but nothing can condone such behaviour. They do seem to be an unruly bunch these so called Honest Men of Ayr. I can think of other descriptions more apt.

Quite a bit about this on another site with the "honest men" claiming he brought it on himself ....

https://youtu.be/g-SDOI55pDA

QOStv highlights of the game which are much better than those Ayr produced and clearly show the potential leg breaking nature of the tackle that got their player rightly sent off. Gary was really lucky that he was not very seriously injured.

It's amazing what a different perspective makes. I was convinced that Dobbie was brought down for a penalty - but the highlights prove he made the most of it, - instead of just carrying on. I also thought the referee had over-reacted by reaching for a red card, - but the highlights prove otherwise.

With regards to the spitting on a steward, - that is completely unacceptable and Ayr Utd should either identify the person concerned, so that he / she can be appropriately punished through the courts or pay compensation to the company providing the stewarding. Football cannot tolerate behaviour of that type towards a steward, - who is simply doing his job and is employed to keep us all safe. It's like attacking ambulance staff or fire-fighters.
    Last edited by jardi; 13-11-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)