+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accrington

Hey! He's not the only poster with an appreciable lexicon😉

So anyway... who's going and what's the score going to be?

I shall be there. Going for 2-1 Crewe because it's a winnable game and we seem to have become a winnable team. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet though not for want of trying. Anyone in favour of playing Ainley and Dale and giving Kirk the chance to play supersub if required?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Hey! He's not the only poster with an appreciable lexicon��
    Lexicon? I thought they were Irish fairies Next thing you will be saying is that you are an expert at Countdown. Please confirm that it was not you getting friendly with Rachel.

There are only a couple of subscribers to this forum whose vocabulary and general standard of grammar let them down, and they are strangely silent when the Mighty Reds are winning. Maybe they are using this lengthy interregnum to ameliorate these shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    There are only a couple of subscribers to this forum whose vocabulary and general standard of grammar let them down, and they are strangely silent when the Mighty Reds are winning. Maybe they are using this lengthy interregnum to ameliorate these shortcomings.
    I suspect they are quietly basking in the current glories AstonAlex and checking the dictionary for suitable words of praise for Artell and the lads before before penning a lengthy tribute?

Surprised there have been no comments about the shenanigans at halftime and what sounded like a good and well deserved victory. Personally I usually find it a bit difficult to follow the commentary regarding the shape of the team and what the general tactics are. No problem with the comments on the actual flow of the game. Suppose it is what we should expect when you remember we are a distant 3rd with Radio Joke.

Pleased that Kirk got the first goal. For me a much improved player this season. plus a player who is very much on the radar with the Championship scouts. Dale is also making a big mark as an attacking force, but he really needs more support. Sounded like Pickering was back to his attacking best, and the new centreback sounded steady. Apologies for forgetting his name.

All credit to the team for a well deserved win. For virtually all of the game very much in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkeeper View Post
    I suspect they are quietly basking in the current glories AstonAlex and checking the dictionary for suitable words of praise for Artell and the lads before before penning a lengthy tribute?
    I wish I had your faith..... then again, maybe I have!

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Surprised there have been no comments about the shenanigans at halftime and what sounded like a good and well deserved victory. Personally I usually find it a bit difficult to follow the commentary regarding the shape of the team and what the general tactics are. No problem with the comments on the actual flow of the game. Suppose it is what we should expect when you remember we are a distant 3rd with Radio Joke.

Pleased that Kirk got the first goal. For me a much improved player this season. plus a player who is very much on the radar with the Championship scouts. Dale is also making a big mark as an attacking force, but he really needs more support. Sounded like Pickering was back to his attacking best, and the new centreback sounded steady. Apologies for forgetting his name.

All credit to the team for a well deserved win. For virtually all of the game very much in control.
    Nice to see Charlie score, but by the various accounts I’ve read it was Dale that caused them real problems with his pace and directness, something Mr Kirk could learn from. (just watched the highlights reel on the BBC website -Dale was electric... but why did Kirky wear gloves? He’s a bit young for chilblains surely) Yes, he has improved, as you say, but he still goes missing when we haven’t got the ball and moans when he thinks he should receive it; he is often right but his own pass selection is far from perfect so he should perhaps grow up a bit. Another steady CB along with Eddie would be a welcome addition as I always see a mistake in Lancashire and, well though Hunt reads the game, he ain’t a CB.

As for the half time goings on, excellent piece by Pete Morse on the subject - it would appear that Big Dave played a blinder!!
    Last edited by AstonAlex; 10-11-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12