+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which party will win the General Erection and how many seats will it get?

Which party will win the General Erection and how many seats will it get?

This is not about which party you want to win the General E­rection. Which party will win it and how many seats will it get?

Conservatives 330

Same as last time?

Conservatives 324

Although there are 650 seats a party getting 324 would almost certainly have a parliamentary majority.

The Speaker and his 3 deputies do not vote, so we are down to 646 voting MPs. If Sinn Fein retain their 7 seats none of them will take the Oath Of Allegiance To The Queen and thus will not be allowed in the chamber of the House Of Commons and similarly will not be allowed in the voting chambers. We are now down to a maximum of 639 MPs who are allowed to vote. Thus one party having 320 MPs would have a parliamentary majority.

There is one exception about the Speaker. If a vote is tied he will have a casting vote. It has been the practice going way back that in this circumstance he will vote for the 'no change' option. If there is not a 'no change' option he will vote for the 'least change' option.

Aye, but you know what I meant though.

I don't think you've noticed the deliberate mistake. With the mps in the chamber, maybe there could be a start time of say 11-00 am on the first of a new parliament.

Give it five minutes and see who has won the general erection contest. The speaker could walk up the isles and take a count as to whos up and who isn't. The problem is how to guage the female response. The speaker, who is too old, could hire a male prostitute or whoever, and plumb the depths for how slippery they are.

As for the election, im voting NIGEL.

Annabel.

I haven't got a clue what any of that ^^^^ up there means but going soley on personalities Corbyn looks too snide to get my vote,I like Boris as he seems to be trying to get things done but that's the only two that I know,which party does Farage represent?

Your demonstrating your ignorance on politics chalky. The Germs problems are far greater than being snide. By about the width of the universe. Nigel Farage is the leader of the Brexit party. I normally vote conservative, but this time I wont.

The problems this country is having is down to the conservatives, May and Hammond etc, Johnson is trying to repair the damage. But mostly, I wont vote for my local mp, I cant remember his name. He was Mays chief negotiator, then became Johnsons chief negotiator with the EU.

So how do you go from one to the other? Morally it cant happen. But he did. I wouldn't trust him with a pound coin. I emailed him while he was Mays right hand man saying I would not vote for him, and I wont.

The other problem is that hes from Manchester, whats he doing down here? Farage is down the line, there is no double dealing with him, and what he says is true. I don't care if Corbyn gets in on the strength of Brexiteers splitting the tory vote.

In fact, I would find it entertaining to have Corbyn as prime minister. If the British people want a communist as prime minister, then whats wrong with that, that's what democracy is all about. If Corbyn gets in he wont last long, one way or another he wont last. There are some right wingers who wont have it.

I think its a certainty he doesn't want it. Apart from anything else, hes not a leader, hes an activist. Im almost wanting Corbyn as prime minister, life would be seriously entertaining. If he gets in and changes Britain, I wont be around to see the red flag fluttering over parliament, and "mps" singing the commy anthem every morning in the house of commons.

Like some of them did recently.

A euro poilitician said today that Britain has bigger problems than Brexit, I wonder who he was referring too?

Elvis.

This seems to have a lot of credibility :- https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

You can look up the prediction for your constituency using 'Seat Explorer' near to the top left hand side of the page. This even predicts the result in each ward of your constituency.

Electoral Calculus at the week-end was forecasting a Conservative majority of 93, this morning 90 and now 114.

To a certain degree it was a self inflicted defeat for labour,a poisoned chalice no less.I remember listening to the radio one night and Edwina Curry was on at the time Corbyn was elected as the labour party leader and she said it was music to her ears and the best thing that could have happened for the conservatives and was highly delighted.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)