What are your thoughts on how VAR has been used this season?

I was in favour of VAR, the game has become so fast, there is so much TV coverage and many players are adept at "gaming" the system that I thought it long overdue that football followed the footsteps of Rugby, Cricket and other sports. I could see it preventing clear "injustices" or the Henry hand ball goal for France.

However, as per usual the premier League have IMO implemented it in an inconsistent and incompetent fashion, such that instead of it being an aid and support to the on field referee, it is in fact undermining them and creating controversy that didn't exist before.

The principle of it being used where there is clear doubt seems to have gone by the wayside, with very marginal "offside" decisions being given. Referees decisions are being overruled often wrongly, IMO the referee should call for the use of VAR, when they are uncertain about a decision, not VAR call into question a decision. It seems that the ultimate referree is now those sat behind the VAR screens not the referee, this isn't good for their decision making or good for the game. They should also use the screens at the side of the pitch to judge for themselves.

I would also have given managers say 4 challenges per game, whereby they could request a VAR review. The supporters should also be given an explanation as to whats behind every decision.

For me a chance to improve the game has been bungled and its actually spoiling the game.