+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 General Election,

“Say whatever you like about Sturgeon “

Can’t say I was a fan at the beginning but she’s miles ahead of any other politician that’s been involved with these never ending debates.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Interesting couple of weeks out canvassing in the Gordon Constituency. What I would say there isn't even a baw hair between the Tories and the SNP but the really interesting thing was the demographics of the door chapping almost every one who looked to be under 40 were SNP those over 60 were mainly Tory. And the younger they were the more strongly they felt about Scotland's future.

Gordon?

Liberals v Tories would be normal

Labour are obviously in with a chance with a pair of specs like that.

Looks like Labour have given up the ghost altogether overall.
    This bloke Leonard is English, surely.

Every Scottish leader since devolution has been a tw@t but to have a lizzie followed by a guff beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Looks like Labour have given up the ghost altogether overall.
    This bloke Leonard is English, surely.

Every Scottish leader since devolution has been a tw@t but to have a lizzie followed by a guff beggars belief.
    Donald Dewar must be turning in his grave

Biggest tw@t of them all.

Crawling b’astard

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Sorry Red Zone there is nothing civilised about putting Boris Johnson into Downing St. Leaving aside Scotland's constitutional future anyone who votes Tory given the cruel callous and deliberate attacks on the UK's most poor and vulnerable are beyond selfish. As for being offensive that wasn't my intention and if you are indeed offended my apologies. But as a fair and decent minded Man Im also very offended by the brutality of the people your about to validate.
    It takes an awful lot to offend me so don't worry about me being offended, it was more that I was just surprised in the quite different tone to your post versus your previous three or four.

I know we are never going to agree on this but given there is basically nobody that I can positively vote for in this election (as they are all desperately poor choices in their own way) I am opting to vote against something, which I feel strongly about, rather than just not voting at all. For fear of repeating myself, I think it is more important to vote against having an Independence Referendum next year (which potentially decides the future of at least the next five generations of Scottish people if not more) when Brexit won't be resolved (so we would be voting in an unknown vacuum) rather than vote against The Tories (whom I am pretty confident won't get a majority so Parliament will continue to stop the excesses of Johnson/Rees Mogg anyway).

Which particular Tory would you be voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It takes an awful lot to offend me so don't worry about me being offended, it was more that I was just surprised in the quite different tone to your post versus your previous three or four.

I know we are never going to agree on this but given there is basically nobody that I can positively vote for in this election (as they are all desperately poor choices in their own way) I am opting to vote against something, which I feel strongly about, rather than just not voting at all. For fear of repeating myself, I think it is more important to vote against having an Independence Referendum next year (which potentially decides the future of at least the next five generations of Scottish people if not more) when Brexit won't be resolved (so we would be voting in an unknown vacuum) rather than vote against The Tories (whom I am pretty confident won't get a majority so Parliament will continue to stop the excesses of Johnson/Rees Mogg anyway).
    The general consensus is Independence is evitable only a matter of time so lets ignore your contradictions for the moment. I really think you are being dangerously naïve thinking the Tories wont have a majority they will if people continue to ignore the damage they have done ! I'm talking here without my Independence hat on (honestly) the dangers to the whole fabric of society already severely damaged is unthinkable. Your a Man who likes if figures as it stands at the moment and only going to get worse under an even more right wing Tory Gov...… Child poverty + 50%.. Foodbank use 1000% +.. Homelessness 170+ NHS waiting lists 70+ polis numbers - 30% Public sector pay -20% and finally Public spending down 50% I ask how the feck can something else be more important that would lead you to vote for this shower ?

"The general consensus amongst my SNP supporting chums is that Independence is inevitable, only a matter of time so...

Tsk tsk Stewarty, trying to portray independence as a fait accompli is at best premature, at worst downright disingenuous

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    "The general consensus amongst my SNP supporting chums is that Independence is inevitable, only a matter of time so...
    As somebody once said, "nothing is inevitable except death and taxes"

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast