+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 General Election,

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Still the only legitimate argument against Scottish independence is having to be stuck with weegies and west coast minks.

It’s an argument that’s difficult to counter.
    Counter this. Whereabouts in Glasgow is Stoney?

Name:  7E4C3794-F571-4296-81C7-2D7A31FDE44D.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  24.8 KB

Bloody southerners.

Given that you can probably find something similar from Peterheid, let me say that I have just this morning received my postal vote, have voted SNP and am so full of confidence I have my flight to the EU already booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Counter this. Whereabouts in Glasgow is Stoney?

Name:  7E4C3794-F571-4296-81C7-2D7A31FDE44D.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  24.8 KB
    Never been more ashamed of my hometown.

Probably just 2 weegies that have moved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Really? You'd rather have a terrorist supporting, communist idiot of a PM than Boris?
    I'm convinced you are T&P. You post in clichés.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    House!!

I love "Daily Mail cliche bingo".
    Just read this. I don't like Corbyn but he does get some amount of unsubstantiated ****e thrown at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    In what way does he support terrorism?

I dont particularly like either of them but if it’s a choice between the two, then I’ll choose the one whose mistakes will come from trying to make people’s lives better, than making it worse.

Tories are worse than f*cking huns
    Not often i agree with you but whoever votes tory is a f@cking stuck up snobby elitist c@nt,unfortunately Corbyn isn't the right man to lead labour and thats why they will lose the election,i'll vote labour as i always have but we need change at the top if labour are going to win an election soon,the fact that Boris the c@nt Johnson will be prime minister is shamefull

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Not often i agree with you but whoever votes tory is a f@cking stuck up snobby elitist c@nt,unfortunately Corbyn isn't the right man to lead labour and thats why they will lose the election,i'll vote labour as i always have but we need change at the top if labour are going to win an election soon,the fact that Boris the c@nt Johnson will be prime minister is shamefull
    I guess that make me a f@cking stuck up snobby elitist c@nt.

The leaders of both parties who will provide the next PM are both the worst leaders of their respective parties in living memory in my view (and yes I remember Thatcher). For me I will vote Tory for the simple reason of trying to prevent the SNP winning in my area. As I have said before, if I lived two miles away I would vote Labour for the same reason.

You are spot on with what you say about Corbyn. If Labour had anyone remotely electable as a leader they would be enjoying the sort of winning margin that Blair had in his first election against Johnson and co, but they don't so they won't.

I am pretty relaxed about voting Tory as I am as sure as I can be that Johnson won't get a majority anyway (the final result will be tighter than the opinion polls are saying) and he won't win enough Labour seats to offset his losses in Scotland and in the South of England.

Here's my prediction for what happens next

1. Tories win most seats but short of overall majority (SNP and LD win more seats)
    2. Labour lose seats and Corbyn/McDonnel quit
    3. Brexit deal still can't get through Parliament
    4. Labour appoint a more moderate leader (this is the key assumption and depends on Momentum being defeated)
    5. Another General Election is called in 2020 to try to break Brexit impasse (either Johnson calls it or he loses a vote of confidence)
    6. Labour win an outright majority standing on the basis of a second Brexit referendum and campaigning to remain and without all the Loony Tunes policies that Corbyn is pushing, just what I would call "normal" Labour policies
    7. Johnson quits as Tory leader and they appoint an even more swivel eyed right winger as leader to campaign as Leave party
    8. Second Brexit referendum is held in 2021 and decision is to remain.
    9. SNP win 2021 Scottish elections but are short of an overall majority (even with the Greens) due to a bit of a Labour comeback in Scotland on the back of a London Labour Government and brexit being stopped
    10. Support for a second independence referendum stalls below 50% so Labour Government refuse to allow one

I just can’t get my head round why stopping the SNP is more important than child poverty, selling off the NHS, selling arms to Saudi Arabia, renewing trident and about a million other horrendous things those snivelling shyte hawks are responsible for/planning

And people can still be a right wing f*cktard in an independent Scotland. If anything, you’ll be better represented

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast