+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 General Election,

Brexit makes Scottish independence less likely, which is why Mrs Krankie is so furiously opposed to it.

The Mrs Krankie patter.

Which MPs do you find attractive again?

Anyone that uses the term "wee Krankie" is a rabid unionist hun.

Not my opinion...fact.

As far as I'm aware, Mrs Krankie never made it into the public domain, did she?

It was Jimmy Krankie and the Dad, presumably Mr Krankie.

A bit like Mrs Mainwaring in Dad's Army, or Maris in Frasier, we just had to imagine her.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Nah min. If Boris does win a majority it won't take him long to f@ck up Government and either he loses a vote of confidence (depending on the size of his majority) or loses the next election (because labour will turf out Corbyn if Boris wins a majority and hopefully go for a less extreme leader and will be well positioned to win the next election). Either way if there is a demand for an independence referendum at that time (and regardless of what Stewarty says there has not been a single opinion poll that shows a majority in favour of an independence referendum over the next couple of years) then we will get one under a Labour Government
    Given the stark choice we have Post Brexit right wing UK or Having full control of all our affairs. The polls with all their unpredictability is no way to gauge or decide our future. And given the colossal changes since 2014 The people working living here in Scotland surely have the right to decide their future do you disagree with them having that choice Red Zone ?

I would give them the choice but they’ll be frightened into voting no.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Given the stark choice we have Post Brexit right wing UK or Having full control of all our affairs. The polls with all their unpredictability is no way to gauge or decide our future. And given the colossal changes since 2014 The people working living here in Scotland surely have the right to decide their future do you disagree with them having that choice Red Zone ?
    These days opinion polls are reasonably accurate to a margin of error that still would say there is no majority support for another Independence Referendum in the near future.

That said, I have never said there should not be another referendum, my main and continuing objection is being asked to vote in one whilst we are still unclear if and when Brexit will happen and indeed what the deal would be as in my opinion it would be the height of stupidity being asked to make a decision for our next goodness knows how many generations of children in such a vacuum. (Remember it is Nicola's clear position that she insists that such a referendum be held before any Brexit referendum and indeed possibly before Corbyn has even concluded negotiations with the EU on his version of a Withdrawal Agreement). The politics from her selfish perspective are obvious but that's no way to treat the Scottish people in my opinion, particularly as I say again that there is a clear majority of Scottish people against such a referendum (you really need to get out more and speak to a wider selection of Scottish people ).

Just so there is no misunderstanding, once Brexit is resolved, one way or another (and I personally hope there is another referendum and sense prevails this time), that is the time to reflect on the best way forward for Scotland, and that may well be another Referendum, time will tell.

These days opinion polls are reasonably accurate to a margin of error that still would say there is no majority support for another Independence Referendum in the near future.

That said, I have never said there should not be another referendum, my main and continuing objection is being asked to vote in one whilst we are still unclear if and when Brexit will happen and indeed what the deal would be as in my opinion it would be the height of stupidity being asked to make a decision for our next goodness knows how many generations of children in such a vacuum. (Remember it is Nicola's clear position that she insists that such a referendum be held before any Brexit referendum and indeed possibly before Corbyn has even concluded negotiations with the EU on his version of a Withdrawal Agreement). The politics from her selfish perspective are obvious but that's no way to treat the Scottish people in my opinion, particularly as I say again that there is a clear majority of Scottish people against such a referendum (you really need to get out more and speak to a wider selection of Scottish people ).

Just so there is no misunderstanding, once Brexit is resolved, one way or another (and I personally hope there is another referendum and sense prevails this time), that is the time to reflect on the best way forward for Scotland, and that may well be another Referendum, time will tell.
    With respect RZ you don't seem to have grasped or even noticed the UK has fundamentally changed even more so since Brexit. It used to be the middle-class affluence of southern England which had its own separate agenda and 159 WM seats to lobby with... that's a 100 more than the whole of Scotland. But now its seem the North of England which Scots had more in common with are in a Brexit/Tory party frenzy. Anyway at this time there is no new Independence referendum proposed only the Scottish peoples right to hold one and Brexit will be a fete accompli by the time any such referendum takes place. Again with respect I have been out speaking to a wider selection of Scottish people for the last 3/4 weeks on the door steps of Inverurie, Meldrum, Dyce ,Newmachar and all over Gordon. And people are warming to the idea of Independence but that's actually an argument for another day. What they do think is Scotland should have the right to decide our own future. My personal priority at the moment is keeping that lying buffoon Johnson out of Downing St if we don't God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    With respect RZ you don't seem to have grasped or even noticed the UK has fundamentally changed even more so since Brexit. It used to be the middle-class affluence of southern England which had its own separate agenda and 159 WM seats to lobby with... that's a 100 more than the whole of Scotland. But now its seem the North of England which Scots had more in common with are in a Brexit/Tory party frenzy. Anyway at this time there is no new Independence referendum proposed only the Scottish peoples right to hold one and Brexit will be a fete accompli by the time any such referendum takes place. Again with respect I have been out speaking to a wider selection of Scottish people for the last 3/4 weeks on the door steps of Inverurie, Meldrum, Dyce ,Newmachar and all over Gordon. And people are warming to the idea of Independence but that's actually an argument for another day. What they do think is Scotland should have the right to decide our own future. My personal priority at the moment is keeping that lying buffoon Johnson out of Downing St if we don't God help us all.
    Eh, what???? “There is no new independence referendum proposed” you say? Every time Nicola opens her mouth it is to say she wants to hold another referendum in the second half of 2020. What bit of that have I misunderstood?

Eh, what???? “There is no new independence referendum proposed” you say? Every time Nicola opens her mouth it is to say she wants to hold another referendum in the second half of 2020. What bit of that have I misunderstood?
    It's funny how people talking about sturgeon mentioning independence all the time actually mention it more than she does thereby giving the impression that it is all she talks about.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast