+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allan Saint Maximin

Allan Saint Maximin

https://twitter.com/i/status/1191466329158639622

The boy is incredible and only going to get better. He'll score a couple of goals at the weekend I'm sure of it.

Quickly becoming my favourite player.
    This is the type of exciting play we've been missing.
    He's a mixture between Ben Arfa and Obafemi Martins in terms of skill, strength and pace all mixed in.
    If he scores a few goals it'll be the icing on the cake for this lad...and us.

I just hope he stays fit and focused to keep plugging away as he's doing.

To be fair, he should have had more than one goal against West Ham. I think he does a lot of things right, and can potentially be very exciting. But until his actions turn into assists or goal I'm still skeptical.

For him to be really fulfill his potential, I think he needs the players around him to perform better, a more suitable system for his competencies, and IMO a much better manager who can coach him in the right direction.

Saint Maximin and Almiron are both exciting players and they both like to carry the ball up the field. Neither can boast any kind of end product, but let's face it... if they were great at scoring and assisting they would have cost a lot more than £20m each and they would both be playing for better employers that NUFC currently are...

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Saint Maximin and Almiron are both exciting players and they both like to carry the ball up the field. Neither can boast any kind of end product, but let's face it... if they were great at scoring and assisting they would have cost a lot more than £20m each and they would both be playing for better employers that NUFC currently are...
    They both came here to showcase their talents to move onto better things

Both very fast players but no end product as yet from either of them. As far as Almiron is concerned 21 starts with no goals and no assists. We could have bought a trap six greyhound a lot cheaper

Assessment of The Saint is very harsh TerryMac.

We'll have problems holding onto him because he could slot into many other teams and cause a lot of problems. Not really his job to score IMHO but to make things happen as he has been. He's much more of an offensive threat than Almiron (who I still hope can come good).

He takes people on and we need that. When the oxen that we have up front struggle to put the ball away, of course it doesn't look good. But it must be nearly impossible to play and the pace that he does with much slower movement around you.

Maximusminiminiman is fine right where he is.

You want to release somebody? Release Bruce.

When Maximin gets a goal he could light up, in his mind it will make sense and goals will become a habit - same with Almiron. I can see talent and the tools which is why I am being patient for now. I am losing a microgram of faith by the game with Miggy though.

Alas, when it does click then the first big offer sees them off and the proceeds sent to the black hole and we start again. No progress, more of the same, another one comes in, another relegation fight.

Don't be fooled by a couple of good results, I've watched enough football to know we will be either in the relegation zone in May or just above it.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Assessment of The Saint is very harsh TerryMac.

We'll have problems holding onto him because he could slot into many other teams and cause a lot of problems. Not really his job to score IMHO but to make things happen as he has been. He's much more of an offensive threat than Almiron (who I still hope can come good).

He takes people on and we need that. When the oxen that we have up front struggle to put the ball away, of course it doesn't look good. But it must be nearly impossible to play and the pace that he does with much slower movement around you.

Maximusminiminiman is fine right where he is.

You want to release somebody? Release Bruce.
    I don’t think it’s harsh The Saint has put in some very good displays and he is thrilling to watch. As yet he has no assists and no goals Joelinton will not get 10 goals this season. He is too slow to keep up with either of these players, so if The Saint or Miggy can’t hit the onion bag themselves then where do we go. Bearing in mind that it was a great result but both opening goals scored by defenders

ASM vs Bournemouth
    https://twitter.com/BnsComps/status/1193875512596271105

we've got a special player on our hands. I'm not sure he'll be here come the start of next season (I can see the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd snapping him up). He will score that 1st goal very soon, i'm putting money on it being our next match.

He really does remind me of Ronaldinho.

I really do not understand the negativity of some posters re Linton, Saint or Miggy. It's like listening to 5 live phone in, sack Pep we lost. Klopp was thought not good when he started for Liverpool and other numerous odd ball comments about players and so on.

Linton and Saint still need time. Miggy will get there. I was reading about Man City and the money they spent on Mahrez and he cannot even get a game.

12 games in and we are getting there. We are not a top team or even near it. If these players were as good as some of us think they should be, then they would not be at Newcastle, simple; regardless of who was manager.

We need to cut our guys some slack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)