+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do we do now

So what do we do now

Just back from Holiday. Watched the Chelsea match live and basically, we were outclassed but thought that the team did their best and got two back whilst trying. Also watched the Sheff Utd game and again we were outclassed but this time there was no fight in the team. Now I know J Rod scored a good goal against Chelsea but after watching his other games he does not seem to be the answer. He does not look good enough at this level. Hopefully it is Wood and Barnes up front sooner rather than later, they are the best pairing. We now need to ship out the players that are not good enough eg Wells Gibson Hart and Vydra may be others. I can also see one or two of the first team being sold. However, before we get rid we need to buy new players that will refresh the team squad and bring in much needed competition. I like the look of Watkins from Brentford and I also like the look of Flint I am sure there are others that can be named.

The defence is relatively good but lack any pace and my only criticism of Tarks and Mee is thy do not score at all and that is a Disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Just back from Holiday. Watched the Chelsea match live and basically, we were outclassed but thought that the team did their best and got two back whilst trying. Also watched the Sheff Utd game and again we were outclassed but this time there was no fight in the team. Now I know J Rod scored a good goal against Chelsea but after watching his other games he does not seem to be the answer. He does not look good enough at this level. Hopefully it is Wood and Barnes up front sooner rather than later, they are the best pairing. We now need to ship out the players that are not good enough eg Wells Gibson Hart and Vydra may be others. I can also see one or two of the first team being sold. However, before we get rid we need to buy new players that will refresh the team squad and bring in much needed competition. I like the look of Watkins from Brentford and I also like the look of Flint I am sure there are others that can be named.

The defence is relatively good but lack any pace and my only criticism of Tarks and Mee is thy do not score at all and that is a Disappointment.
    So What do we do Now?, Garlic already has a Bum twitch, Thinking of selling off McNeil for £35 Million !!

We will buy/ loan some has been for nothing, Hoping he will turn out a diamond.

More Money in His Kitty,...While we make our way back to the Championship...

Sad but true, to any realistic Burnley Supporter

A shake up is expected for Saturday. I missed out on tickets for Bramhall Lane due to tardiness, but my mates can't recall the last time the players got booed off at half time by Burnley fans. Neither can I.

Just a hiccup lads don't worry Sean will sort it like he did last season..

"So What Do We Do Now"

Now is too late Lancaster, it should have been done at least a couple of years ago, and now its going to be that much harder and cost more with more positions that need replacing.

I have read on other Forums the old and lame excuses which do nothing to address the problems, "We'll be O.K. when Wood returns", "Just a bad day at the office" What another one ! "We could not compete against a Billion £ team" and sorry Alf "Just a hiccup lads don't worry Sean will sort it like he did last season", I have even waited for another link shoved down my throat about an article in a paper of how BFC are doing it "The Right Way" with fans abroad coming over to view us

I have said for a while now that hard work, determination and graft goes a long way, especially if you are short of talent, but eventually the luck runs out, and teams will suss you out sooner or later, and it becomes repetitive and dull to watch.

There has been something a miss at Turf Moor for a long time now, with the monies kept in the dry powder room plus the wasteful money spent on certain players who cannot get into the first 11, add this to Sean Dyche, he's done well to get us where we are with what he's got, but he's too rigid with his tactics and seemingly still has no plan B and is inept with his substitutes, example being against Sheff Utd, all 3 goals came down our right hand side yet he takes our left back off instead of Lowton, he withdraws McNeil for lack lustre Brady on 59 minutes and waits till 78 minutes to take the poor JayRod off for Vydra.

The farce that was D4, if we didn't realise he was surplus to requirements before we sold him we are really up against it, the twitchy leg buy of Drinkwater who hadn't played for over 2 years again seems odd, after lessons previously NOT BEING LEARNED.

So a colossal waste of money on Hart, Wells, Lennon, Vydra, Wells, Gibson, Pieters, Walters, 15 million on a 4th choice central defender, 13 Million wasted on a 5th choice striker, another 5 Million on a Wells who cannot command anything better than being loaned out, the words coming out of BFC is that we cannot compete, NO Wonder with all the bloody wastage.

I still cannot get my head around us letting Heaton go, especially to a competitor for so little money.

So of the players we have left I struggle to name more than a handful who are adequate in the PL.

One is surely McNeil, but he's still young and learning his trade, and he is the only "bit" of flair we have, apart from him we are empty of any creativity, and it worries me that he'll burn out before reaching heights he could achieve.

The Football we are churning up is abysmal, it has been for a while, we have a good game or 3, but mostly have more off days than is natural for a "Work in Progress" (Another spin of words from BFC) team who are trying to hold their own in the PL.

I said a couple of games ago that we are losing the ball by just hoofing it, and by not being able to do simple 10 yard passes, and guess what, on Saturday I learned (even though I don't like stats) that we are at the top of the list in the PL for playing hoof ball, and we also have a medal for being the worst in the PL at passing the ball.

Sinkov got browned off with our displays a few seasons ago and stopped being a season ticket holder, Norder used to be a regular on the games thread, but he also seems to have had enough of the dire performances we are serving up, I also would beg steal or borrow to view a Burnley game, but recently after missing a couple of games around the Sunderland defeat it bothered me, but not as much as it used to as I don't call it Football for one second, and if it continues there will be more joining Sinkov and Norder doing better things in their lives than watching dull displays.

I heard it from a very reliable "inside source" yesterday that we will sell McNeil in January for £35 million, should that amount of money appear on a table at Turf Moor.

Attachment 14252

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    "So What Do We Do Now"

Now is too late Lancaster, it should have been done at least a couple of years ago, and now its going to be that much harder and cost more with more positions that need replacing.

I have read on other Forums the old and lame excuses which do nothing to address the problems, "We'll be O.K. when Wood returns", "Just a bad day at the office" What another one ! "We could not compete against a Billion £ team" and sorry Alf "Just a hiccup lads don't worry Sean will sort it like he did last season", I have even waited for another link shoved down my throat about an article in a paper of how BFC are doing it "The Right Way" with fans abroad coming over to view us

I have said for a while now that hard work, determination and graft goes a long way, especially if you are short of talent, but eventually the luck runs out, and teams will suss you out sooner or later, and it becomes repetitive and dull to watch.

There has been something a miss at Turf Moor for a long time now, with the monies kept in the dry powder room plus the wasteful money spent on certain players who cannot get into the first 11, add this to Sean Dyche, he's done well to get us where we are with what he's got, but he's too rigid with his tactics and seemingly still has no plan B and is inept with his substitutes, example being against Sheff Utd, all 3 goals came down our right hand side yet he takes our left back off instead of Lowton, he withdraws McNeil for lack lustre Brady on 59 minutes and waits till 78 minutes to take the poor JayRod off for Vydra.

The farce that was D4, if we didn't realise he was surplus to requirements before we sold him we are really up against it, the twitchy leg buy of Drinkwater who hadn't played for over 2 years again seems odd, after lessons previously NOT BEING LEARNED.

So a colossal waste of money on Hart, Wells, Lennon, Vydra, Wells, Gibson, Pieters, Walters, 15 million on a 4th choice central defender, 13 Million wasted on a 5th choice striker, another 5 Million on a Wells who cannot command anything better than being loaned out, the words coming out of BFC is that we cannot compete, NO Wonder with all the bloody wastage.

I still cannot get my head around us letting Heaton go, especially to a competitor for so little money.

So of the players we have left I struggle to name more than a handful who are adequate in the PL.

One is surely McNeil, but he's still young and learning his trade, and he is the only "bit" of flair we have, apart from him we are empty of any creativity, and it worries me that he'll burn out before reaching heights he could achieve.

The Football we are churning up is abysmal, it has been for a while, we have a good game or 3, but mostly have more off days than is natural for a "Work in Progress" (Another spin of words from BFC) team who are trying to hold their own in the PL.

I said a couple of games ago that we are losing the ball by just hoofing it, and by not being able to do simple 10 yard passes, and guess what, on Saturday I learned (even though I don't like stats) that we are at the top of the list in the PL for playing hoof ball, and we also have a medal for being the worst in the PL at passing the ball.

Sinkov got browned off with our displays a few seasons ago and stopped being a season ticket holder, Norder used to be a regular on the games thread, but he also seems to have had enough of the dire performances we are serving up, I also would beg steal or borrow to view a Burnley game, but recently after missing a couple of games around the Sunderland defeat it bothered me, but not as much as it used to as I don't call it Football for one second, and if it continues there will be more joining Sinkov and Norder doing better things in their lives than watching dull displays.
    Much of that is true Alto,

For me we are at the moment anyway playing with Barnes ( carrying - working his way back from injury ). Wood who’s out obviously.
    And Cork who looks not up to the challenge tbh.
    Being truthful we looked better - more solid with Hendrick centrally than bringing cork back in.

I’ve posted many times re our formation and it’s rigidity, and I believe you could get away with playing 70% of the time against most teams, Here’s the BUT,
    you simply must have pace and we have none which is why we go long a lot.

I think Dyche has A Big job on, this next few weeks to get us at it and remain in this league.
    Maybe we thought 12 points was a good return as we only just got that from 18 games last season so we took our foot of the gas and we’re getting punished.

A few are blaming the back line but I’d look at the midfield in-front of them, though last few weeks our marking has been shocking at set pieces.

We do need some players and quickly , the lad from Preston ( Pearson ) I think would be a decent buy for us and in our price bracket,
    He’s a competitive sort so another with flair to pick a pass.

But I’m going out on a limb again and I’m going to say it anyway width and pace desperately required.

Not Lennon - Gudmundsson too old too weak and go missing in games too much.

I've done my bit, I've just had a nice little bet on us to be relegated @ 100/30 with Ladbrokes. If that doesn't guarantee an upsurge in our form and results nothing will, I can do no more.

The thing is Alto,I've given up bothering because as you know the board will do nothing to rectify the situation,so at the end of the day the onus lies on Sean to do whatever he can do and he hasn't done too bad a job up to now.. No doubt there will be a time when he fails and everybody will blame him when in fact it's the board that is to blame .. The championship is beckoning unless the board dig into their pockets and invest in some decent players ..

The fact we did not sort out the midfield in summer with Defour etc and then adding insult to injury by bringing in Drinkwater which is now biting us in the backside big time. We have no ball playing midfield player in the center and lack pace through the team in general for me. At the moment it's a chicken come home to roost situation!! The only discussions about us is who is buying the young lad! Typical Burnley.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)