+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you think Mike Ashley will sell the club?

When do you think Mike Ashley will sell the club?

Realistically.

I'd say, as long there's a profit to be made in the Premier League, around 2030.

Dunno, Hughie.

I suppose there's a;ways a hope that Brexit will fuck his other businesses up to the extent that he needs a quick sale. Either that or someone does actually come up with an offer he weighs up against protests/boycotts/negative publicity, etc and thinks 'right, I've had enough of this shit. At the minute, we're not making life hard enough for him.

As long as the money keeps rolling in he'll just use us as his own, personal cash machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    At the minute, we're not making life hard enough for him.

This is the sad truth. If we had 15 or even 20,000 in St James' on a Saturday I think he would soon be forced to go.

No time soon.

Don't read any further if you don't want to read a pro Ashley post.

The only time I'd want Ashley to sell up is when someone can come in and realistically take this club forward in terms of playing among the elites as equal potential to win trophies in a sustained manner and not a fly by night effort that brings a bit of joy with potential despair and real trouble ahead.

What owner can guarantee this?
    Personally I don't think there is anyone that can do it in this climate with a north east Newcastle United.
    I think the best we have had in a different climate...a climate where they took a massive gamble due to very minimal competition by owners of other clubs who could not or would not dare to go for it.

Those people were John Hall and his crew who gave us exactly what I (we all) loved. They gave us all the joys until the climate changed for the worse with the arrival of the billionaire sugar daddies, kind of thing.

This club will do next to nothing under a new owner, in my opinion, other than a quick fix attempt at running for a champions league spot and likely not being able to carry it forward, then likely panicking and running the club into the deck.

In Mike Ashley we have an owner that might not get us to the dizzy heights of winning the league but he certainly won't destroy this club, I believe.

Against the oil barons he's the best owner we could have, because he doesn't allow the big guns to bully this club.
    It holds its own because of him.

He has many faults, but then again no more than most owners.
    I'd rather have Ashley and some hope than have some chancer that promises the heights and delivers a breached hull that sinks way past the championship.

When SD goes bust

Mike Ashley only does things that benefit him financially.So he is going nowhere.The man is a parasite and nothing better.His treatment of fellow human beings is an absolute disgrace and anyone that wants a man with his morals as owner is as low as he is if you ask me.

Not until the money dries up.

Or a silly offer comes in - even then I'm not so sure.

Money is the motivation.

Sorry to point the obvious we all know.

Never!
    He's creaming money so why would he sell
    He treats anyone like ****e!
    He is a disgrace of an owner but I think he enjoys that role as it gets him publicity for his first love ,sports direct

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Never!
    He's creaming money so why would he sell
    He treats anyone like ****e!
    He is a disgrace of an owner but I think he enjoys that role as it gets him publicity for his first love ,sports direct
    Your right Kev The Toon are just an advertising vehicle for Sports Direct. He hasn’t spent any money so to speak. The loans he gave himself are lumped on the price of selling the Club

Oh and he is still well in the Black regarding transfers. He has let the ground get in a bad state and spent nothing but a lick of paint on the academy

He is going nowhere and the club is not for sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)