+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up against 12 men Friday

Up against 12 men Friday

That b@staed McLean is the ref, every time he refs us against them or the Killie, two clubs connected to his family we get screwed

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    That b@staed McLean is the ref, every time he refs us against them or the Killie, two clubs connected to his family we get screwed
    Our only hope is that live TV keeps him a wee bit more honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    he is a cheating b!every game we have him there are lots of controversial decisions against us.

Any actual facts? Just interested to see what there is to back up this feeling about McLean. Any other teams have the same complaints?

Kerr sending off Killie penalty

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Any actual facts? Just interested to see what there is to back up this feeling about McLean. Any other teams have the same complaints?
    he's sent off Konrad and Bain in derbies and given Utd 2 pens

Are there biographies of the ref's anywhere. There must be some sort of official organisation that represents them. What is it? My impression is that supporters of all clubs have issues relating to fairness with refereeing decisions - even the OF. You get stats on players, does anyone collect stats on referees? I did a quick count using the stats from BBC Sport. We have 158 fouls, 20 yellows and a 7.9 average per yellow. Our opponents have 289 fouls against us, 53 yellows and an average of 5.45 fouls per yellow.

Are there biographies of the ref's anywhere. There must be some sort of official organisation that represents them. What is it? My impression is that supporters of all clubs have issues relating to fairness with refereeing decisions - even the OF. You get stats on players, does anyone collect stats on referees? I did a quick count using the stats from BBC Sport. We have 158 fouls, 20 yellows and a 7.9 average per yellow. Our opponents have 289 fouls against us, 53 yellows and an average of 5.45 fouls per yellow.
    Although a good starting point not all bookings are for fouls....time wasting celebrating, foul and abusive, kanes booking at Alloa even breathing the wrong way can bring a booking these days.

Its more incompetence rather than bias that I see on a weekly basis and there's also certain refs that love to be the centre of attention.

I think the Scottish games officiating is not proven 're bias but guilty as charged of ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Although a good starting point not all bookings are for fouls....time wasting celebrating, foul and abusive, kanes booking at Alloa even breathing the wrong way can bring a booking these days.

Its more incompetence rather than bias that I see on a weekly basis and there's also certain refs that love to be the centre of attention.

I think the Scottish games officiating is not proven 're bias but guilty as charged of ineptitude.
    Kind of the conclusion that I was coming to. Bias doesn't seem to fit with the very broad brush numbers I gave. I think the area of the pitch where the foul was committed might also play a part. Foul in opponents half, talking to, same foul outside your own penalty box, booking.

Also wondered about the amount of possession for each team. Think we were comfortably averaging over 55% possession, but I didn't take a note of the figures so that could be wide of the actual figure, might this have some effect on the number of fouls against us?

Kind of the conclusion that I was coming to. Bias doesn't seem to fit with the very broad brush numbers I gave. I think the area of the pitch where the foul was committed might also play a part. Foul in opponents half, talking to, same foul outside your own penalty box, booking.

Also wondered about the amount of possession for each team. Think we were comfortably averaging over 55% possession, but I didn't take a note of the figures so that could be wide of the actual figure, might this have some effect on the number of fouls against us?
    Utd WILL commit a lot of fouls early on Friday (mainly in nothing positions) that will go unpunished with cards, you can almost guarantee it.

Dee will start getting physical later if game is close then everything on both sides will attract cards.

There's a couple of Dee players who im slightly worried about temprement wise and hopefully shanklands temprement will be tested to the full....I'm not 100% he can keep the heid.

Dee players have to be in refs ear early doors, odea was excellent at it in derbys, keep Gowser as far away from ref as possible, Kane, Dorrans, Forster and Cammy barking at the ref won't do us any harm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)