+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conway blasts Scottish FA

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They need to concentrate on what they’ve got never mind faffing around in Scotland
    Make no mistake they are concentrating on what they've got
    I just hope another Patrick doesn't help them succeed

Partick could well ev dodged a bullet there.

The phrase "bankroll the club" med me laugh.

Why did Patrick Cryne sell to these people?

I think it may have had something to do with £20 million & keeping his family involved to the tune of 20%
    In his position I would probably have done the same to advance my family but ffs see it for what it is & we are where we are
    Lots is said about these shyster owners but when was the last time you heard owt from James who seems content to say nowt & mess about on his PS4/Xbox
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-11-2019 at 04:12 PM.

He sold em this club because they were willing to pay 20 million quid and obviously Patrick Crynes life was nearing its end because of his terminal illness. You also cant ignore that Cryne and the consortium had the same ideas for running BFC-Buy young players for cheap and sell for profit. In my eyes nowt much ez changed from the model Patrick Cryne set this club in the last 3 years of his tenure compared to how we are operating now.

Scotland's third force and bankroll the Jags , ha ha ha ha !!!!!

Here's a clue to these fuqwits and how much they'll invest ........ zilch , nothing , feck all .

OGC Nice qualified for the champions league just before they arrived and now struggling to to attain midtable after they sold up .

Barnsley FC , sold every last man jack to such a degree the team in league one was significantly better than the one in the championship and heading towards two relegations in three seasons since they took over .

Invest my @ss b@llax .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He sold em this club because they were willing to pay 20 million quid and obviously Patrick Crynes life was nearing its end because of his terminal illness. You also cant ignore that Cryne and the consortium had the same ideas for running BFC-Buy young players for cheap and sell for profit. In my eyes nowt much ez changed from the model Patrick Cryne set this club in the last 3 years of his tenure compared to how we are operating now.
    Don't you think it's stretching coincidence a bit far that PC introduced this model & lo & behold Billy Beane comes on the scene all the way from the USA & is part of a consortium that we have as our owners Moneyball was around in 2011 & even further back as a principle

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't you think it's stretching coincidence a bit far that PC introduced this model & lo & behold Billy Beane comes on the scene all the way from the USA & is part of a consortium that we have as our owners Moneyball was around in 2011 & even further back as a principle

I don't believe in coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't believe in coincidence
    Me neither Pass

Brushing over the fact that Patrick Cryne had been around since the administration period when no one else would touch the club, has spent most of his 14 years in charge of the club in the Championship. provided some wonderful memories and finally sold the club during his period of terminal illness I think the turning point was the "dead fish eyes" time when he went in the dressing room and saw no reaction to defeat from several older players.

The "Plan" today is different in flexibility. Under Cryne the Plan did allow some element of flexibiity in respect of older players eg Darren Moore, Jason Scotland, Adam Hammill and loan players eg Matty James, Harvey Barnes. The present charlatans follow a strict Youth Only policy-no experience, no loans--for reasons of future profit rather than football success.
    As in their last relegation season I suspect they may well panic in January and ditch their Plan in the short term and bring in the odd loan player to cover the sale of Woodrow and Mowatt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12