+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Votes, scores and first past the post predictions 12.12.2019

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Yes, I AM saying that any Green Party vote is wasted in a country without PR. Just like voting for the Monster Raving Loony Party - hang on, you never see the both parties in the same room at the same time, am I onto something?

Did I say climate change wasn't happening? I must have missed that bit too. It's like saying just because you are Labourite, you love Corbyn. I didn't say it wasn't happening, but I don't know enough to know the exact cause - probably a bit yourself, but I'm not afraid to admit I don't know.
    So because you're not sure either way about climate change, you are satisfied to do nothing about it. I don't know much on the subject but even in my lifetime I have seen extreme weather become much more frequent. That's why I think we should adopt a safety first approach and take urgent action now, because the very existence of the planet could be at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So because you're not sure either way about climate change, you are satisfied to do nothing about it. I don't know much on the subject but even in my lifetime I have seen extreme weather become much more frequent. That's why I think we should adopt a safety first approach and take urgent action now, because the very existence of the planet could be at stake.
    You seem to be saying that only the Greens care, and that only the Greens have the answers. I don't believe either to be true and certainly not the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You seem to be saying that only the Greens care, and that only the Greens have the answers. I don't believe either to be true and certainly not the latter.
    I don't know how you worked that out, but your calculations are way off. The Greens were only mentioned because Lullapie said a vote for them was a wasted one.

I don't know how you worked that out, but your calculations are way off. The Greens were only mentioned because Lullapie said a vote for them was a wasted one.
    Probably an impression I formed when read also in conjunction with your earlier:

So what are you saying? That any Green party vote is wasted and we should allow the destruction of the planet to go unchallenged?

If you insist that climate change isn't happening, or you have a better solution I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Probably an impression I formed when read also in conjunction with your earlier:
    That seems to back up my previous post perfectly.

Based on the announcement regarding the Brexit Party and not challenging marginal Tory seats to try and ensure Brexit get’s done YouGov have rerun their latest polls for Sky News but have recalculated by removing the Brexit Party option from a percentage of the people polled to try and assimilate how that affects the current voting intention of those polled.

The result is a 14% lead for the Tories on 42% over Labour with 28% and the Lib Dem’s at 15%. Will be interesting to see how that translates once candidates have been declared and we are a couple of weeks into the party campaigns.

Slight amendment to the above post, the figures quoted were actually for a poll taken by YouGov yesterday and today and sampled 1619 people.

Additionally the poll recorded that almost all people who would have voted for the Brexit Party but are no longer able to - and have made up their mind - will transfer their vote to the Conservatives.

YouGov also asked who would make the best prime minister between Boris, Corbyn and Swinson.
    40% chose Boris, 16% chose Corbyn and 14% said Swinson. 31% were not sure or refused to say.

Interestingly 91% of Tory voters said that Boris would be their preference as PM, however just 59% of Labour voters thought Corbyn would be best in Downing Street.

I know a little about climate change but not enough to prove to myself that it is all caused by human interference. I am not sure if you have heard of The Ice Age (the one that began over 2 million years ago where the Earth's temperature dropped, not the film with Diego the Sabre-Toothed Tiger and Sid the Sloth), but I'm pretty certain there were no humans around then. There are many different weather patterns that affect the planet and possibly some of these are responsible for what we are seeing today. However, I agree that Man's lack of care for his environment is causing major issues, but aligned to that, rapid population growth isn't helping either.

Do the Environmentalists also agree with mass-sterilisation as I am certain that would improve the state of the planet? Too many people, not enough resources is the problem, not whether or not you put your shopping in a reusable plastic bag.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 13-11-2019 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I know a little about climate change but not enough to prove to myself that it is all caused by human interference. I am not sure if you have heard of The Ice Age (the one that began over 2 million years ago where the Earth's temperature dropped, not the film with Diego the Sabre-Toothed Tiger and Sid the Sloth), but I'm pretty certain there were no humans around then. There are many different weather patterns that affect the planet and possibly some of these are responsible for what we are seeing today. However, I agree that Man's lack of care for his environment is causing major issues, but aligned to that, rapid population growth isn't helping either.

Do the Environmentalists also agree with mass-sterilisation as I am certain that would improve the state of the planet? Too many people, not enough resources is the problem, not whether or not you put your shopping in a reusable plastic bag.
    I think a fair scientific case has been made to say that human behaviour is affecting the climate, but the precise extent of our impact relative to other factors outside of our control is still the subject of genuine debate.

It's probably academic anyway. As I said in a post a few weeks ago, even if the human race can reverse climate change by altering its behaviour, I don't believe we're capable of the collective, worldwide, ongoing, co-ordinated action to do it. Whether it's by misadventure or natural design (probably both), I think we're a finite species.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-11-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast