+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Votes, scores and first past the post predictions 12.12.2019

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't doubt he will do that. What do you trust him to do when he's delivered Brexit?

Or is Brexit the only thing that matters to you?
    Yes it is to begin with. However, I am intrigued to see that he delivers on his promises around the NHS, and specifically the building of 6 new hospitals and a fairly substantial pay rise for NHS staff. The promises of 20k police officers being put back on the streets is important to me, it provides an opportunity in terms of careers but also (hopefully) a deterrent to would be criminals. His manifesto around education and what plans he has are quite important to me given I have 2 kids at junior school. Today’s announcement around immigration seems sensible. We need migrants. Whether that’s someone picking carrots or carrying out brain surgery, we need them.
    All in all his manifesto in this election is one that seems balanced and ticks many boxes.

If you were being serious I apologise.

And sympathise.
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    To deliver Brexit.
    But Boris already had a chance to get Brexit done and didn't?

He got 'his' deal (actually one rejected by Theresa May because it wasn't good enough for BJ, the DUP and the ERG, but never mind) through the Commons, and then decided to pull the plug and start again so he could play politics, but you still trust him?

Wow. Gullible or what?

Yes it is to begin with. However, I am intrigued to see that he delivers on his promises around the NHS, and specifically the building of 6 new hospitals and a fairly substantial pay rise for NHS staff. The promises of 20k police officers being put back on the streets is important to me.
    So you trust him to improve the NHS despite nearly a decade of Tory rule leading to record waiting lists. And putting back the 20,000 police officers the Tories got rid of impresses you.

I suppose some people are easily impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What do you like about Johnson?
    he was such a buffoon on Have I got news for you , his zenith ....!

Yes it is to begin with. However, I am intrigued to see that he delivers on his promises around the NHS, and specifically the building of 6 new hospitals and a fairly substantial pay rise for NHS staff. The promises of 20k police officers being put back on the streets is important to me, it provides an opportunity in terms of careers but also (hopefully) a deterrent to would be criminals. His manifesto around education and what plans he has are quite important to me given I have 2 kids at junior school. Today’s announcement around immigration seems sensible. We need migrants. Whether that’s someone picking carrots or carrying out brain surgery, we need them.
    All in all his manifesto in this election is one that seems balanced and ticks many boxes.
    isn't this what labour plan to do and more ? the plan that has been costed ,
    unlike the conservative one. ( a bit like the one before that wasn't costed either)
    as for picking carrots and the brain surgery , our children could grow up to fill these vacancies , which one would be decided by parents guidance and government policies.
    if you haven't picked up what I mean re carrots, brain surgery and government policies I will spell it out
    with the Tories in power (and their cuts)and education policies , working class kids are more likely to be carrot pickers !
    the rich get richer and the poor poorer.
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 15-11-2019 at 06:10 AM.

As you say, each to their own.

I must admit however that the thought of anyone trusting Boris Johnson is something I can't quite get to grips with.
    I agree elite
    the fact that he is a born liar and it has been proven on may occasions, the latest being the one to the Queen.
    sorry I think this one might be outdated now , The one about the Russian report not being released is probably his latest unless this has been superseded.
    The worrying thing is that the majority of people know that he is a liar ,but still are willing to put their trust in him.
    what's that saying “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me...fool me many times I must be as thick as pig **** !!!!

Unfortunately trusting any politician especially at election time is a joke.
    Do you honestly believe all the guff and promises that the likes of Boris, Swinson and Corbyn are spouting willl actually be implimented if they come to power?
    I stopped listening after the first few days, the money it will cost to pay for their Xmas list would bankrupt us.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I agree elite
    the fact that he is a born liar and it has been proven on may occasions, the latest being the one to the Queen.
    sorry I think this one might be outdated now , The one about the Russian report not being released is probably his latest unless this has been superseded.
    The worrying thing is that the majority of people know that he is a liar ,but still are willing to put their trust in him.
    what's that saying “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me...fool me many times I must be as thick as pig **** !!!!
    Politicians lie shock!

I wonder who you and Elite are voting for, why and if you think whoever gets your vote hasn’t lied.

I will be voting for the least worst option.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Unfortunately trusting any politician especially at election time is a joke.
    Do you honestly believe all the guff and promises that the likes of Boris, Swinson and Corbyn are spouting willl actually be implimented if they come to power?
    I stopped listening after the first few days, the money it will cost to pay for their Xmas list would bankrupt us.
    You're not wrong. Elections usually descend into desperate, silly season politics, especially the Lib Dems and other smaller parties who know they can promise what they like because they won't be the sole party of Government and won't have to deliver. It's a bit alarming when you hear the 'big two' parties going down the same line though. I woke up this morning listening to John McDonnell on Radio Four trying to justify their newly announced free broadband policy and if I didn't know better I would have sworn I'd tuned into some sort of far-fetched political satirical comedy.
    Last edited by jackal2; 15-11-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast