+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Votes, scores and first past the post predictions 12.12.2019

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm saying that just like the last few decades, the Tories and Labour will get most seats. LibDems will get a few, the Greens and Brexit party will be lucky to get one seat each, so I don't know who your fourth party are. Some were saying that the events of the last couple of years would see a massive shift in the political landscape, but those polls just suggest more of the same.
    Could the fourth party be the SNP? Their 30/40 odd seats could make all the difference in a hung parliament.

Some interesting forecasts here from the Electoral Calculus who appear to be widely thought of as one of the top election prediction sites on the internet.

Turnout is expected to be bigger than two years ago which in itself was the biggest turnout since 1997.

Name:  ge19prediction1.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  65.4 KB

To add to last post it will be interesting to see how this changes once campaigning has got into full swing. I will try and update as it happens but will be an opportunity to measure how much difference for example a live TV debate can have etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I find Johnson's and the Tories' tactics very odd with isolating The Brexit Party. It is a very high-risk strategy that could see them lose power if the centreright/right vote is split, rather than forming a pre-election alliance.
    I think Farage made any alliance with the Tories very unlikely when he described the deal brokered by Boris as "a bad one and not really Brexit". If they had managed to come to some sort of tactical agreement on who stands where I think a Tory majority would be a formality. If (as Farage claims) the Brexit party contest 600+ seats, although their likely 10% of the vote won't win any seats they could pinch enough Tory votes to allow one of the other parties to sneak in, leading to a hung parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Some interesting forecasts here from the Electoral Calculus who appear to be widely thought of as one of the top election prediction sites on the internet.

Turnout is expected to be bigger than two years ago which in itself was the biggest turnout since 1997.

Name:  ge19prediction1.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  65.4 KB
    I am vehemently against any form of proportional representation, but looking at the latest poll, it just further reinstalls my view that what is the point of voting for The Greens. The kind of person who votes Green, without proportional representation must have had their brains removed. A total wasted vote.

I am vehemently against any form of proportional representation, but looking at the latest poll, it just further reinstalls my view that what is the point of voting for The Greens. The kind of person who votes Green, without proportional representation must have had their brains removed. A total wasted vote.
    What a great idea, let's all show that there is absolutely no opposition at all to ruining the planet. I presume your warped logic would also apply equally to voting for the Brexit party or UKIP, because they are projected to get less seats than the Green party.

Of course you're right. Voting for a principle died a long time ago.

I can't think of any better way to 'take back control' than making sure everyone's vote counts ie proportional representation.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I can't think of any better way to 'take back control' than making sure everyone's vote counts ie proportional representation.
    Can someone remind me why you need to have a government again?

All I can see is so called grown-ups falling over themselves to hand their political agency to someone else to wield for them. In most cases to people clearly not to be trusted, but you'll do it anyway.

Isn't it time you all grew up and stopped asking for Mummy and Daddy to do it for you and instead got up of your knees and took control of your own lives?

It's pathetic really. You deserve the crap coming to you...

The planet is dying, species going extinct, rain forests destroyed, the earth torn and raped, rivers and lakes polluted, the oceans used as a trash can and you say voting green is a waste.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast