+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Votes, scores and first past the post predictions 12.12.2019

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    You're not wrong. Elections usually descend into desperate, silly season politics, especially the Lib Dems and other smaller parties who know they can promise what they like because they won't be the sole party of Government and won't have to deliver. It's a bit alarming when you hear the 'big two' parties going down the same line though. I woke up this morning listening to John McDonnell on Radio Four trying to justify their newly announced free broadband policy and if I didn't know better I would have sworn I'd tuned into some sort of far-fetched political satirical comedy.
    The free broadband for everyone promise did make me think a bit. With an open mind I actually spent a few moments yesterday trying to work out how that would work, the costs involved, the challenges with re-nationalising a de-nationalised private institution etc but then realised it must have been a joke and surely they don't honestly believe that it is possible!

Also, it's amazing that you can have two parties both declaring they want a fair and controlled method for the management of immigration but refusing to declare on one side that it means reducing immigration and on the other side means increasing it.

I think it is fair to say that there are too many questions to be asked of both the main parties and like it or lump it as others have quite rightly said it will be an election won on Brexit.

You're not wrong. Elections usually descend into desperate, silly season politics, especially the Lib Dems and other smaller parties who know they can promise what they like because they won't be the sole party of Government and won't have to deliver. It's a bit alarming when you hear the 'big two' parties going down the same line though. I woke up this morning listening to John McDonnell on Radio Four trying to justify their newly announced free broadband policy and if I didn't know better I would have sworn I'd tuned into some sort of far-fetched political satirical comedy.

You were arguing literally the other week that political parties can promise what they like during campaigns and shouldn’t be held to account if they win.

Bearing that in mind, the promise of free WiFi for everyone seems quite modest.

Did you see Boris on Breakfast this morning? He was asked the last time he had to use the NHS. Apparently it was last year when he stepped on some glass at a BBQ. I thought I was watching 'Would I lie to you!'

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You were arguing literally the other week that political parties can promise what they like during campaigns and shouldn’t be held to account if they win.

Bearing that in mind, the promise of free WiFi for everyone seems quite modest.
    Well,we all know you and Ronald McDonnell live in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The current warming of the planet is down to human activity and it’s only humans who can do anything about it. We need to because it’s bad and it’s causing a lot of suffering and expense.

I’m not sure why that’s hard to understand or why anyone would disagree with it.
    I think, like Elite, you are overlooking the main problem - overpopulation. We are discovering so many new ways to keep sick people alive, where as years ago, medicine could do nothing for them.

... first thing to do , Boris, is privatise the BBC and get rid of the PC lefties who don't allow interviewees to answer questions fully ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... first thing to do , Boris, is privatise the BBC and get rid of the PC lefties who don't allow interviewees to answer questions fully ...
    Did you watch the interview this morning.

As to answering questions fully ... He mostly avoided them! How can you not answer them but give a full answer?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Shock horror, the black nag favours an authoritarian, media-controlled state. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Shock horror, the black nag favours an authoritarian, media-controlled state. What a surprise.
    So, is state-controlled internet provision a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I think, like Elite, you are overlooking the main problem - overpopulation.
    I'm not overlooking the problem, but unlike you I prefer tackling climate change rather than mass sterilisation.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast