+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recall for Diangana

Recall for Diangana

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham are likely to recall Grady Diangana in January! Recent history repeats itself; I just hope that the end of this season isn’t a repeat of the end of last season.

If I was in charge of recruitment I would ensure that there was no return clause until the end of the season, otherwise I would not condone the deal. We should have learnt from what happened with Harvey Barnes. It just seems like common sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If I was in charge of recruitment I would ensure that there was no return clause until the end of the season, otherwise I would not condone the deal. We should have learnt from what happened with Harvey Barnes. It just seems like common sense to me.
    Certainly is common sense but if you were West Ham would you have let him go with no chance of a recall? Common sense for them to insist upon a recall clause.

This is the risk with loans. Still better to go for the best loan players that you can get in my view rather than those who are not good enough to get a recall.

I have been fearing that this would happen though since I finally found out, via this site, that there was a recall clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If you were in charge of recruitment we wouldn't have got him on loan in the first place. The term 'season long loan' is slightly misleading in so far as loans run from window to window.

The 'recall' option is therefore a loan review between registration dates, where the parent club reasses theirs and the players situation. The only way around this is to loan with a view to a permanent move as in the case of Pereira.

West Ham simply had no interest in agreeing a loan to permanent move and their reasoning is clear to see. It's up to us to make the best use of loan players while we have them or just not loan them at all.

We have the same 'review' options on loan players such as Field and Leko, although both are classed as 'season long'.

I think that any recall in January hinges upon the fitness of Antonio. He is due back after the international break and if he stays fit then Diangana will stay with us. However, there are strong rumours from West Ham that should they recall Diangana then Nathan Holland could come to us to fill the gap. Talking to my Hammers mates they rate Holland really highly so a loan would soften the blow if losing Diangana.

Positive noises from Manuel Pelligrini regarding Grady staying on for the rest of the season........

“I think that Grady is doing what we wanted for him, same as Josh Cullen. He’s a player without any doubt will be part of West Ham in the future,” he said at his press conference on Thursday. “I trust a lot in Grady and I think it was better for him to go and play 40 games this season and be ready for next season, than to play here just some games. I think he must finish his season where he is.”

...... sounding good for the mo'.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...mpression=true

Ed: Also being reported on Sky..........

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...uel-pellegrini
    Last edited by Albionic68; 07-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Positive noises from Manuel Pelligrini regarding Grady staying on for the rest of the season........

“I think that Grady is doing what we wanted for him, same as Josh Cullen. He’s a player without any doubt will be part of West Ham in the future,” he said at his press conference on Thursday. “I trust a lot in Grady and I think it was better for him to go and play 40 games this season and be ready for next season, than to play here just some games. I think he must finish his season where he is.”

...... sounding good for the mo'.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...mpression=true

Ed: Also being reported on Sky..........

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...uel-pellegrini
    Thanks for that 68'...
    While the recall is or can be upsetting for the balance of a team playing well....it has to be factored in at the start of the loan period.....I am quite sure game time at the top of a promotion campaign is better is better for the player then the odd game now and then against insignificance opposition. His quality is good and can only get better over the next 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Thanks for that 68'...
    While the recall is or can be upsetting for the balance of a team playing well....it has to be factored in at the start of the loan period.....I am quite sure game time at the top of a promotion campaign is better is better for the player then the odd game now and then against insignificance opposition. His quality is good and can only get better over the next 6 months...
    https://www.claretandhugh.info/pelle...ana-wba-spell/

Although Diangana is doing well - if he did go back to West Ham I don’t think the impact on us would be as great as Harvey Barnes last season. I think we have more pace and quality in the squad - and while I hope he stays for the season we could cope. Plus we still have the Jan transfer window and we will be an attractive option given our league position and style of play.

I hope the injury to Lanzini yesterday at Burnley isn’t as long term as it looked. Wide player and creator so could change Pellegrini’s mind about recalling Diangana. Hope not because we need him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)