+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rafa and Rondon

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Have you ever been for a visit to our facilities to fully inspect them or are you just assuming they are ‘adequate‘
    Long winded, do not read, it won't suit most.
    Fair warning given.
    No need to reply to me by anyone.

I've seen them and they look more than adequate.
    That doesn't mean they can't do with a bit of a revamp. It just means they're fit for purpose.
    What they aren't, are a match for some other training grounds where some clubs have spent millions and millions getting state of the art stuff.

They're footballers and do not need this state of the art stuff.
    It doesn't enhance the players and if anything it makes them too needy, I think.

I don't see players refusing to sign because the training facilities are not to their liking.
    I don't hear footballers crying about how bad they are.

They have all that's needed to cater for what is necessary so I don't really see an issue worth arguing about.
    It's fine Rafa bemoaning it. He bemoaned anything that didn't suit him, including believing his wages were woefully short, so his whining means zero to me.

The hate for Ashley and the club with some seems to be so deep, anything that can be used as a weapon to put it down, will be used, it seems.

Not too long ago most people would've likely said everything is adequate and anyone whining should think themselves lucky.
    It seems now that every club seems to have super state of the art training facilities, because that somehow ensures some kind of bragging rights. That's all this seems to be with some clubs.

I don't see them all battling for trophies or doing any better than we are, apart from the elites that are always placed on the pedestal, no matter what.

If the club decide they want to revamp and add in extras when necessary, I'm sure they will if they deem it beneficial.
    All I see people use as weapons are, " ohhh look, they're jumping in wheely bins full of water and ice." Or " oh my god, they're taking it turns to sit in a kids paddly pool."

It beggars belief man. It's as if the whole training set up has them in cold dark cells for massage or playing on broken glass inside a roofless set up in severe weather or the outer training pitches are somehow ploughed fields with clumps of grass.

People can carry on whining about it for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned but for me they're whining about trivialities in regards to this.
    The trouble is, once a build up of discontent's started by certain people who want to create issues, the bandwagon starts up.

I get bored of seeing this club slagged off time and time and time and time again for any reason.
    Why people can't just support it and be the fan they were is beyond me. Instead some just want to delve into the background and use whatever ammo is available to start the next put down.

Good training facilities are obviously a major factor in ‘selling’ the club to prospective players. As is a new and impressive stadium with a good atmosphere.
    When a club has no ambition to win trophies, none of these things matter.

Have you ever been for a visit to our facilities to fully inspect them or are you just assuming they are ‘adequate‘
    Of course he has.He was the painter and decorator.Did it "mates" rates for Mike as well.A couple of quid,pair of donay socks and a pair of lonsdale trainers topped off with a Shìte Direct mug all brought home proudly in a Shìte Direct carrier bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Of course he has.He was the painter and decorator.Did it "mates" rates for Mike as well.A couple of quid,pair of donay socks and a pair of lonsdale trainers topped off with a Shìte Direct mug all brought home proudly in a Shìte Direct carrier bag.
    He really couldnt be trusted to paint anything for someone else...can you imagine?

"I don't like that colour."

"Nobody does, but you must understand, I look deeper into the colours I choose and can see them better than they appear!"

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Long winded, do not read, it won't suit most.
    Fair warning given.
    No need to reply to me by anyone.

I've seen them and they look more than adequate.
    That doesn't mean they can't do with a bit of a revamp. It just means they're fit for purpose.
    What they aren't, are a match for some other training grounds where some clubs have spent millions and millions getting state of the art stuff.

They're footballers and do not need this state of the art stuff.
    It doesn't enhance the players and if anything it makes them too needy, I think.

I don't see players refusing to sign because the training facilities are not to their liking.
    I don't hear footballers crying about how bad they are.

They have all that's needed to cater for what is necessary so I don't really see an issue worth arguing about.
    It's fine Rafa bemoaning it. He bemoaned anything that didn't suit him, including believing his wages were woefully short, so his whining means zero to me.

The hate for Ashley and the club with some seems to be so deep, anything that can be used as a weapon to put it down, will be used, it seems.

Not too long ago most people would've likely said everything is adequate and anyone whining should think themselves lucky.
    It seems now that every club seems to have super state of the art training facilities, because that somehow ensures some kind of bragging rights. That's all this seems to be with some clubs.

I don't see them all battling for trophies or doing any better than we are, apart from the elites that are always placed on the pedestal, no matter what.

If the club decide they want to revamp and add in extras when necessary, I'm sure they will if they deem it beneficial.
    All I see people use as weapons are, " ohhh look, they're jumping in wheely bins full of water and ice." Or " oh my god, they're taking it turns to sit in a kids paddly pool."

It beggars belief man. It's as if the whole training set up has them in cold dark cells for massage or playing on broken glass inside a roofless set up in severe weather or the outer training pitches are somehow ploughed fields with clumps of grass.

People can carry on whining about it for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned but for me they're whining about trivialities in regards to this.
    The trouble is, once a build up of discontent's started by certain people who want to create issues, the bandwagon starts up.

I get bored of seeing this club slagged off time and time and time and time again for any reason.
    Why people can't just support it and be the fan they were is beyond me. Instead some just want to delve into the background and use whatever ammo is available to start the next put down.
    So you’ve seen the training facilities it was a long winded reply but you didn’t go into any kind of detail of what training facilities we actually have

Can you go into a bit more detail of what our training facilities are??

So you’ve seen the training facilities it was a long winded reply but you didn’t go into any kind of detail of what training facilities we actually have

....and so starts a session of frantic googling.

How about you go into detail about how bad the facilities are, because this seems to be the crux of the matter with some of you.
    Tell me why you know they aren't fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ....and so starts a session of frantic googling.
    There's no frantic googling. How about you tell me what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    How about you go into detail about how bad the facilities are, because this seems to be the crux of the matter with some of you.
    Tell me why you know they aren't fit for purpose.
    I think that's a no then.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    I think that's a no then.
    Have you seen the facilities?
    Have you never seen video clips of what they do at the training ground?
    If you have, why don't you explain what is not fit for purpose.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)