+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Wise words about Boris

Same old story, he said she said and believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Same old story, he said she said and believe what you want.
    It does look like that, but when one of the "he said"s is Conrad Black, then we really still only have one perspective to listen to.

And I don't even like Max Hastings.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Interesting response, Roger. Then you put this and rogered it...

Im voting for Farage.
    There seems to be an increasing trend on here to diagnose mental health conditions that I find... distasteful. For all I know, you're a psychiatrist, or mental health worker, and have some insight, but I don't really see how you can diagnose Corbyn, Johnson, or anyone else simply based on what you've seen on TV or read in the papers.

Not picking on you; there were similar proclamations about the mental state of our former chairman when he had his mishaps on social media, and someone else was analysed recently too - I forget who.

May I suggest that throwing around amateur diagnoses of actual, sometimes serious, medical conditions, often in a potentially pejoritive manner, is, even if unlikely to be read by the person in question, not the best course of action?

There is more that is pertinent. There is the myers briggs personality assessment that is on the internet. It was developed by Carl Jung, a genius of the highest order, and that will tell you what your personality is. Myers Briggs, they are psychologists, developed it. Try it, all it takes is honest self assessment.

I can bandy around what I want, if Corbyn or anyone else exhibits unhealthy behaviour, then to ignore that is wrong. In fact its important you become aware of it. Narcissists or psychopaths inflict incredible damage on everyone, including themselves.

There is one or more in your life.

Educate yourself, there are endless videos on you tube about narcs etc. You will find that your elderly mother, who always hated you is in fact seriously disturbed, and that there is nothing wrong with you....at all. They are everywhere.

Doc Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    There seems to be an increasing trend on here to diagnose mental health conditions that I find... distasteful. For all I know, you're a psychiatrist, or mental health worker, and have some insight, but I don't really see how you can diagnose Corbyn, Johnson, or anyone else simply based on what you've seen on TV or read in the papers.

Not picking on you; there were similar proclamations about the mental state of our former chairman when he had his mishaps on social media, and someone else was analysed recently too - I forget who.

May I suggest that throwing around amateur diagnoses of actual, sometimes serious, medical conditions, often in a potentially pejoritive manner, is, even if unlikely to be read by the person in question, not the best course of action?
    I didn't diagnose anybody's mental health condition. It was a cut and paste job from the Torygraph.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Yes Conrad Black ......... owner of the Telegraph and employer of Hastings at the time. Insignificant Sidney should read (via Google) his views on Hastings which tells an entirely different story regarding Hastings V Boris as people - and who he would trust between the two of them.
    Oh, is Max Hastings running for PM? It doesn't reeally matter or not whether I trust him then, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post
    There is more that is pertinent. There is the myers briggs personality assessment that is on the internet. It was developed by Carl Jung, a genius of the highest order, and that will tell you what your personality is. Myers Briggs, they are psychologists, developed it. Try it, all it takes is honest self assessment.

I can bandy around what I want, if Corbyn or anyone else exhibits unhealthy behaviour, then to ignore that is wrong. In fact its important you become aware of it. Narcissists or psychopaths inflict incredible damage on everyone, including themselves.

Educate yourself, there are endless videos on you tube about narcs etc. You will find that your elderly mother, who always hated you is in fact seriously disturbed, and that there is nothing wrong with you....at all. They are everywhere.

Doc Martin.
    Do you reckon there’s anyone who posts on here who meets that diagnosis Doc?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Do you reckon there’s anyone who posts on here who meets that diagnosis Doc?
    Don’t poke the bear with a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Don’t poke the bear with a stick!
    Think there's just one, or is there a Boo-Boo too?
    On another note, don't you find it hilarious that all of a sudden the ad-hominem hit piece words of a Tory are "wise" when Sid wants them to be true? Not only that, this ex-English teacher reeally wants them to be true - bigly!

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post

Doc Martin.
    Ah, so you're not a mental health expert, but you filled in a form on the internet. That's alright then.

Johnson and / or Corbyn may well be narcissists - quelle surprise - but I don't see how it's your place to be making that decision, just because you've heard of Carl Jung. And that's my actual point; sod these two, you (and other people on here previously) are throwing around medical terminology and playing amateur psychologists, and, as stated, I find that somewhat disturbing; for a start, I'm not sure why you'd want to, regardless of whatever you wish to write about my mother.

What I feel hammers my point home is your suggestion that I educate myself...... by watching videos on YouTube. I try to educate myself regularly, on a whole range of matters I have some level of ignorance in, with sources just a little more rigorous than that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast