+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Floods in Rotherham

Just been on Talksport Radio - "Do not travel" warning issued for tonight for South and West Yorkshire

meadow hall has been told not to let people leave just yet.

Waters high at Hillsborough, will they be flooded again ?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    ROAD CLOSURES ⛔️

Are you aware of any Road Closures in the Rotherham area? Let us know via the comments and we will amend this post to make others aware...

Lidget Lane Bramley
    Scrooby Street / Lane in Greasbrough
    Fenton Road by Munsbrough Rise
    Hill Top lane from Wickersley to Dalton
    Treeton lane and Long lane
    Rowms Lane at Swinton/Mexborough
    Station road and Barnsley Road Wath Upon Dearne
    'The Wash' Dalton under bridge
    Road going into old Ravenfield
    Road going from High Melton down towards Mexborough (near pastures)

I was on Hill Top Lane between Wickersley and Dalton this morning and the banking had collapsed at the top end of the road. Half the road had a big mound of soil on it and a stream of water was running from the farm down the road.

Been at Meadowhall all day got in car (which was parked upstairs) spent two hours in traffic only to be turned back Into pink car park had to abandon car and go to train station soon as train left I was told by woman next to me Meadowhall was now on lock down. I may have got out in the nick but I fear car will be with fish in morning

Its Ironic, I have an excess charge on my home insurance because we live on a so called flood plain near the coast in Lincolnshire. The natural and man made field drains are brilliantly maintained by the authorities and local farmers and apparently the locals here can't remember any flooding since 1947 !

From bbc news

The slipway on the M1 at junction 34 has been closed

The A1 northbound is closed between B6325 Great North Road (North Muskham) and A6075 Ashvale Road (Tuxford Junction, Tuxford) in Lincolnshire.
    One lane of the M1 southbound has been closed between junction 40 near Ossett and 39 at Denby Dale.

Flooding has closed the lines between Sheffield and Gainsborough, Sheffield and Lincoln and Hebden Bridge and Manchester Victoria.
    Rotherham Central and Kiveton Park railway stations are also closed due to flooding and all lines between Todmorden and Rochdale are also blocked. Trains are also not stopping at Hadfield in Derbyshire.

Environmental agency warning of River Don at Templeborough.

ROAD CLOSURES ⛔️

Are you aware of any Road Closures in the Rotherham area? Let us know via the comments and we will amend this post to make others aware...

Lidget Lane Bramley
    Scrooby Street / Lane in Greasbrough
    Fenton Road by Munsbrough Rise
    Hill Top lane from Wickersley to Dalton
    Treeton lane and Long lane
    Rowms Lane at Swinton/Mexborough
    Station road and Barnsley Road Wath Upon Dearne
    'The Wash' Dalton under bridge

Hill Top Lane, Wick to Dalton? Know the area well and it's all downhill so why the closure? I know of the brook that runs at the back off where Kelvin Street use to be that runs down the side of the Baggin but that's too far away to effect the roads mentioned.

meadow hall has been told not to let people leave just yet.

Waters high at Hillsborough, will they be flooded again ?
    Shame......

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hill Top Lane, Wick to Dalton? Know the area well and it's all downhill so why the closure? I know of the brook that runs at the back off where Kelvin Street use to be that runs down the side of the Baggin but that's too far away to effect the roads mentioned.
    Have a look at my post above Brin 👍

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast