+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Floods in Rotherham

Radio DeeDah just announced that Rotherham railway station is re-opening tomorrow (Wed)

Just in time for more heavy rain on Thursday

OK not Rotherham but just spent the day in Bentley helping BentleyMiller86 and it's chaos.
    Heartbreaking to see possessions piled up outside houses (for those with no insurance) being picked up by DMBC staff.
    The smell is awful with Mud everywhere. Roads closed, traffic congested and more worring the Don is still very high. One more downpour and it could go again.
    Remember them saying the flood in 2007 was a once in a lifetime event, hmmm

Back tomorrow to rip out more carpets !

Anyone else annoyed how certain leaders are using the floods and the victims our area to boost their campaigns?

How fking low can you get

How low?

Unfortunately not low enough to be drowned in it

Mind you the TV reporter did say that the flood water was contaminated with excrement. So we were warned.

Radio DeeDah update - Northern Trains and Tram-train still not stopping at Rotherham Central

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Anyone else annoyed how certain leaders are using the floods and the victims our area to boost their campaigns?

How fking low can you get
    And if they didn't go they'd get called heartless and uncaring.

Can't win with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    And if they didn't go they'd get called heartless and uncaring.

Can't win with this one.
    It’s not that they turned up it’s the fact that they turned up got photos for publicity and within hour they buggered off at least Johnson stayed for a cup of tea And went round church, swinson and corbyn took off as soon as cameras were put back in bag, but to be honest if he had turned up on time he would have buggered off too I think he only stayed a extra few hours out of guilt that he was late.

But what pissed me off the most was swinson saying if we stayed in Eu we would have funds from Eu (no we wouldn’t they never helped when London river flooded or any other time. Corbyn wasn’t much better saying if this was down London more money would have been spent, we all know Londoners are spoilt liberal snowflakes. But money is being spent in Yorkshire on flood defences and I don’t think making lies up on people’s hardships is on

Shame on swinson and shame on corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    It’s not that they turned up it’s the fact that they turned up got photos for publicity and within hour they buggered off at least Johnson stayed for a cup of tea And went round church, swinson and corbyn took off as soon as cameras were put back in bag, but to be honest if he had turned up on time he would have buggered off too I think he only stayed a extra few hours out of guilt that he was late.

But what pissed me off the most was swinson saying if we stayed in Eu we would have funds from Eu (no we wouldn’t they never helped when London river flooded or any other time. Corbyn wasn’t much better saying if this was down London more money would have been spent, we all know Londoners are spoilt liberal snowflakes. But money is being spent in Yorkshire on flood defences and I don’t think making lies up on people’s hardships is on

Shame on swinson and shame on corbyn
    There was someone having a go at Johnson yesterday for not coming sooner (even though he'd been in Derbyshire the day before).

So even if they do come people are still complaining.

Corbyn was annoying though blaming it on "man-made climate change" like there's never been rain in this country until recently.

...I feckin despair gfire...extreme weather occurences are becoming more prevalent now and your chums Trump and Boris do feck all about it! Yes have a cup of tea while your country drowns nice one Boris.

Its not just little showers we are having!

Do you have any kids or grandkids? Don't you care about their future?Maybe on planet gfire they don't have any rain...sheeeshh!

The tripe on this thread from the usual suspects is truly incredible. God help the human race...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-11-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast