+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bratislava Match Thread

Bratislava Match Thread

What happened to 71, has he retired? Hope you are OK Gav.

I don't have any team news. Impressive right?

Any one got a stream for this game?

Found a commentary on youtube! Just had 3-4 good chances one after another. No goal though.

Game sounds like a non event, a bit like this thread.

Looks like Jimenez waited til stoppage time to win the game. 1-0! Wolves have a stranglehold on second place. Would take a major collapse - 0 points in the last two games - for us to miss out on the knockout stage

A very comfortable victory in the end, although it was only 1-0. We were in a different league to the opposition without really having to break sweat. I lost count of the number of crosses that fizzed through the visitors penalty area in the first half. Their keeper had kept them in the match with a stunning save from a deflected shot, while Traore was causing chaos in the Bratislava defence.

Neves and Moutinho had total control of the midfield while the defence were hardly put under real pressure. Kilman looked cool and composed and may well get more match time with Boly out. Neto won a penalty in the second half but again their keeper Greif, made a good save to keep out the penalty taken by Nevis. Shortly afterwards Nevis warmed the keepers hand with a twenty five yard effort.

As the clocked ticked towards the 80 minutes mark, Jimenez in trying an overhead kick made contact with a defenders head. The medical staff from both sides attended the stricken Bajric, After a lengthy delay the Wolves number 9 was shown a yellow card, while the injured player was carried of the playing surface on a stretcher, to rousing applause. Twelve minutes of extra time was shown just before Jimenez nodded in a well deserved winner.

In the end it was a good work out before Aston villa arrive on Sunday, the intensity will be much higher for the Premiership game.

Great summation as ever Abbo.

Kilman looks like a great prospect, confident on the ball though perhaps lacking a bit of pace?

I'm pleased we've managed to go back to the Championship winning formation with some success, looking forward to a couple of worldies from Neves in the coming weeks then... although perhaps not based on his penalty last night .

Everything I read about Kilman's performance last night was positive. Good to see a youngster come through and perform. Granted, not the best competition but an evening game in Europa League is a tough spot for an introduction to the first team for a youngster.

Nice to see Jimenez continue a good run. Four goals in the last six matches in all competitions. 12th goal of the year in total!

I missed the chance last night to sit in my normal seat and finished up sitting at the end of a row in JL10. I started a conversation with the elderly gent next to me, who said that since Wolves had achieved Premiership status he found it very difficult to get tickets. I didn't recognise his accent so I asked him where he lived. He told me that he lived between Canterbury and Dover and had been supporting the Wolves since he was a boy.

Intrigued, I asked him how that came about? He told me that his elder brother was in the RAF based at Stafford, and that he had attended a Wolves match in the fifties, he raved about the club and game on returning home, and from that day my new friend said he was hooked.

He then went on to tell me, that if he attends evening matches he has to stay the night in a hotel as there is no way of getting home..

Fantastic to see such dedication and support. Further proof that we need a bigger stadium asap.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)